Complex VDP Job Help

spaceweb

Hi, we are a printshop that currently handles vdp in the form for scratch cards and mailers, which we use printshop mail for.
We do personalized calendars using direct type. We have an enquiry from a customer who wants to send out calendars to their customers where the images are to be picked from an image bank of about 72 images based upon certain parameters, which i believe can be achieved, the complex part is that they want us to highlight the birthdays, anniversaries & birthdays of their family members, of their customers in every calendar printed. We are at our wits end, how to handle this job.

Any suggestions in terms of which software soulution could handle something like this?

Any info would be highly appriciated...

Thanks in advance...

Hi, we are a printshop that currently handles vdp in the form for scratch cards and mailers, which we use printshop mail for.
We do personalized calendars using direct type. We have an enquiry from a customer who wants to send out calendars to their customers where the images are to be picked from an image bank of about 72 images based upon certain parameters, which i believe can be achieved, the complex part is that they want us to highlight the birthdays, anniversaries & birthdays of their family members, of their customers in every calendar printed. We are at our wits end, how to handle this job.

Any suggestions in terms of which software soulution could handle something like this?

Any info would be highly appriciated...

Thanks in advance...

Jet Letter's PageBuilder PRO can make any element within a document a variable. This would include highlighting or changing colors. As long as a data trigger exists you can create a variable.

Yes, I'm with Jet Letter.

I believe XMPie can do this as well. Our VDP needs are not as advanced, so we went with DesignMerge. Pretty sure DesignMerge cannot do what you need. Hope that helps.

Hi, This is a interesting job. We have done the work alike for a insurance company to produce high quantity personalized calenders for thier VIPs. We are using our own software--HAIYAA VariPrint. The key technologies are the software should allow you to do setting of the logic of variable box display properties and variable text properties(incl. color and position) freely. Variable properties is not a popular function that every VDP application and label maker have.

Our customer want to use Digilab at first, but they told me it can't to do batch processing of large database but one by one. I know DigiLab as a very good calender producer but not familiar with it. you can test.

For your referance,

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back