Convert spot colors to CMYK except

ripit

I want to use the action list that converts all spot color to CMYK with the exception of a dieline color that will always be spot color. The basic convert to cmyk works great, how do I modify that to ignore my dieline color

I might be missing something but, 100% magenta would print with the rest of the magenta objects on the page. I want a separate sep for the dieline.

You could just convert everything -
then
convert just the dielines back

MSD

]I might be missing something but, 100% magenta would print with the rest of the magenta objects on the page. I want a separate sep for the dieline.[/QUOTE]

You could just convert everything -
then
convert just the dielines back

MSD

]I might be missing something but, 100% magenta would print with the rest of the magenta objects on the page. I want a separate sep for the dieline.
[/QUOTE]

ripit,

I'm sure your dieline has a specific name e.g. die, DIE, dieline? Well, you can search for that specific spot color using the 'select spot color' action. Once selected you can make sure it's not part of the selection that gets converted to CMYK.

The Action List would be:
Select all
Select spot color 'Die'
NOT
Convert spot to equivalent CMYK values (or Convert to CMYK)

cheers,
Bert

i usually just put the dieline on a completely separate plate, that way, it won't show up on your actual artwork.

Brain, you don't want to "select all", you want to select fills, strokes and images that are not device gray or CMYK. Otherwise you end up making more of a mess.

So something like this to deal with just spot colors:
Select All
Select Spot Color -> Die Line
NOT
Select All Spot Colors
AND
Convert Color -> CMYK for fills and strokes

Then go add in something to fix the rest of the color issues.

why not just...

why not just...

In Print Production, Convert Colours, then make sure Preserve Profile is listed and then select the spot colours your want converted to cmyk and leave the die as a spot. Run it and viola. simple
cheers
Gumby

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back