cool marketing ideas for a digital print company?

RafalWM

Hi, I found some pretty cool ideas for marketing on this forum, including a post from LongGoose: http://printplanet.com/forums/vdp-hardware-software-systems/17402-vdp-marketing-ideas
"One of the best ideas I've heard of is a business sending out postcards - on the back of which was a map giving directions of the shortest route from the addressee's house to the store!"

Are there any others you can suggest?

I have a long list of clients that aren't yet aware that we offer digital print now and I'm trying to figure out something interesting.

no one is willing to share some ideas ? :)

what I'm looking for is basically to get more local companies interested in doing business. Any input on this is welcome :)

a lot of the time, clients don't even realise what they can order and how they can benefit their business from our offer. So, I'm trying to find ways to get the info out to them.

no one is willing to share some ideas ? :)
what I'm looking for is basically to get more local companies interested in doing business. Any input on this is welcome :)
a lot of the time, clients don't even realise what they can order and how they can benefit their business from our offer. So, I'm trying to find ways to get the info out to them.

In the end you're probably going to have to hire a design creative to come up with some concepts tailored specifically to your business and prospective customers.

best, gordon p

In the end you're probably going to have to hire a design creative to come up with some concepts tailored specifically to your business and prospective customers.

best, gordon p

that might be an option. I liked the idea with the custom made maps, so I though that maybe there are other fairly simple tricks that people here have been using to surprise their clients :)

A personalized postcard as you describe is not going to impress anyone in this day and age. Don't waste your money. The best way to market your digital print business is to pick up the phone and start dialing. You might want to call companies you want to do business with. Then follow that phone call with a personalized letter with an embedded business card. Blanks has some very nice ones: Blanks USA - Card Mailers These will run through your copier.

You can't hang out a shingle and expect your customers to beat a path to your door. There is no single advertising medium, gimmick or magic bullet that will bring customers in. Face to face is how you grow your business.

Wow you guys are a great help.
I do think Post cards work.
And cold calling in today's markets, I bet you get more hangups the your foot in the door.
I have done research on companies I want to target.
I have gone as far as to show up to a company and dropped off Coffee and dougnuts.
But all in all there is no right or wrong answer.
A lot of the times it hit and miss.

Good Luck

You can't hang out a shingle and expect your customers to beat a path to your door. There is no single advertising medium, gimmick or magic bullet that will bring customers in. Face to face is how you grow your business.

I'm not looking for a single advertising medium, gimmick or magic bullet to get customers. I have quite a solid customer base, but I want to get them more informed on the capabilities of digital print, VDP etc. To do that, I think it's best to demonstrate at least a fragment of what's possible to get them interested.
There are lots of traditional ways to get customers and they're usually the best option, but it's nice to play around with something new from time to time.

idea's ??

idea's ??

I'm not looking for a single advertising medium, gimmick or magic bullet to get customers. I have quite a solid customer base, but I want to get them more informed on the capabilities of digital print, VDP etc. To do that, I think it's best to demonstrate at least a fragment of what's possible to get them interested.
There are lots of traditional ways to get customers and they're usually the best option, but it's nice to play around with something new from time to time.

Hi there,

I think all te statements made are true till a certain extend. If i understand you correctly you are looking for inspiration, new applications, materials.
Did you give it a shot to talk to your salesrep, eg monkeys the are called here ? A good rep, SHOULD know where he is talking about, has some print/applicationsamples and brings people in contact with others. Talk to your mediarep from Xerox, Canon or whatever your taste is.

A rep shouldn't talk about machines (at first) but should inspire you to do other/extra business which he can suppo0rt with samples/examples.

Keep asking for marketing assistence

Kind regards

Fred

Hi there,

I think all te statements made are true till a certain extend. If i understand you correctly you are looking for inspiration, new applications, materials.
Did you give it a shot to talk to your salesrep, eg monkeys the are called here ? A good rep, SHOULD know where he is talking about, has some print/applicationsamples and brings people in contact with others. Talk to your mediarep from Xerox, Canon or whatever your taste is.

A rep shouldn't talk about machines (at first) but should inspire you to do other/extra business which he can suppo0rt with samples/examples.

Keep asking for marketing assistence

Kind regards

Fred

yes, this is the kind of stuff I'm looking for. I have takem some advice from sales reps but I figured the best info would come from actual users that are willing to exchange ideas.
Anyway, I've found some cool things on the board, I was just hoping to get some more :)

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back