Correct PDF viewing

wesley

How does the prepress provider today deal with clients who would rather not view PDFs with proper separations or overprint preview turned on? We have a pretty complete Esko suite of tools and workflows, but the client population has gone from bad to worse in the working knowledge of actually approving their art. I am curious what others have resorted to for getting PDFs approved for production from clients that who are too lazy or inept to check one box in their Acrobat preferences or simply refuse to have anything to do with it. We have been making the CMYK version for the completely clueless, but have recently been nailed for art in a separation they "didn't like" after going on press when they refused to view the proper separations to begin with. Thanks

Do you have Webcenter? The viewer app could potentially solve your issue, but I definitely understand your frustration. I've seen this on a regular basis over hundreds of customers who simply don't want to go down this path. I've generated quite a few guides for customers over the past few years where in multiple versions of Acrobat across multiple operating systems I essentially explain how to use overprint preview in reader and how output preview works if you have professional. Good luck.

You can try using PDF/A which should flip Acrobat into PDF/A viewing mode. That should get you a consistent viewing condition. You can set a CMYK or RGB output intent

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back