Corruption in workflow

akalaray

We are getting corruption in our workflow, The corruption happens to the contone parts of the file only. The vector parts are fine. It appears to be happening in the transfer of files to and from the server. The lines in the continuous tone is from an eight of an inch to a half inch, across the entire file. Going horizontal and never vertical. Can't repeat the results. Happens a couple of times a day.
Does anyone have any experience with this problem?

Are you moving/copying the files at the OS level from the server to your local drive?

Or are the CT images being opened into Photoshop and resaved directly over the network on the server, without going to your local drive?

Stephen Marsh

Corruption

Corruption

Are you moving/copying the files at the OS level from the server to your local drive?

Or are the CT images being opened into Photoshop and resaved directly over the network on the server, without going to your local drive?

Stephen Marsh

We open the file from the server (It maybe corrupt or not) Preflight, save as to a another folder within the original folder (It maybe corrupt or not) send to cockpit, create two new files, nornalized PDF and a Proof PDF (It maybe corrupt or not) We do not save to the desktop or local drive.

I would try to copy the files at the OS level to the local drive and then work on them there. WHen completed, I would then move the files back to the server at the OS level. Do you still get the same corruption?

Stephen Marsh

corruption

corruption

It is not a repeatable error and we never save to the local drive. It just happens to one or two jobs a day. We do a couple of hundred jobs every day. I think the problem is in the server, which is a ten terabyte (10 Drives) mirrored to another ten terabyte. Who do I call to solve this problem?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back