creative cloud subscription a ripoff

Not that I agree with it, but, SaaS (Software As A Service) is indeed the wave of the future for most software manufacturers. If they haven't gone to it already, you can be assured that it is on their radar. And, I don't think it has as much to do with piracy concerns as it does with reducing and eliminating software and patch/upgrade distribution costs.

xsx5Iyk.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/Fk7UU

Not really sure how that was supposed to stop the pirated versions anyways. A quick search still turns up torrents of the current version.
As long as the anti-piracy solution is software based, then somebody will come up with other software to get around it.

I would imagine that a good hacker could probably bypass hardware protection too...

As customer I also hate it: I don't love 'software as service'. That's how the monopoly system works! The only way to beat it is to change, but often quite impossible since you are too used to it. If Adobe would rise the prices too high (and they will do!) then we'll see, then I'll see people changing their mind. But so far we're stuck with it.

Yesterday I got an email from Adobe asking me to fill out a survey on how they are doing. I made it as clear as I could about my unhappiness with the current subscription model. Maybe if enough people voice it they might start to take notice... though I am guessing the dollar signs speak louder so I do not really expect anything to change. I can always hope though.

I took the dive and did the subscription at home (all products). Just because I needed Photoshop, Illy and InDesign. It's rather expensive for me because I just use it for side projects and my own personal use.

Who has tried Affinity and how do you like it?

We have 3 CC subscriptions at $55/mo each. Adobe keeps calling me to get me to switch to CC for teams. It has the tremendous advantage of being able to manage all of my subscriptions with one login (this is apparently a monumental achievement in Adobe's mind). It also comes with a bunch of free cloud storage. Oh goody, just what we need, more places to look for files. You get all that for just $75/mo per user!

The people doing the sales are instructed to treat you like an idiot if you cannot see the overwhelming value in this proposition. I've told them twice not to call me anymore, but unfortunately Adobe also sucks at listening. So they keep calling.

We have 3 CC subscriptions at $55/mo each. Adobe keeps calling me to get me to switch to CC for teams. It has the tremendous advantage of being able to manage all of my subscriptions with one login (this is apparently a monumental achievement in Adobe's mind). It also comes with a bunch of free cloud storage. Oh goody, just what we need, more places to look for files. You get all that for just $75/mo per user!

The people doing the sales are instructed to treat you like an idiot if you cannot see the overwhelming value in this proposition. I've told them twice not to call me anymore, but unfortunately Adobe also sucks at listening. So they keep calling.

Why not just go with 2 CC subscriptions? 2 users can use one subscription at the same time... probably not legal but it works.

Why not just go with 2 CC subscriptions? 2 users can use one subscription at the same time... probably not legal but it works.

I think you're trying to trick me into admitting something here lol! Actually we need all three subscriptions - they're installed on a total of 6 devices (2 per account) just as Adobe permits. Which reminds me, with the CC for teams, you get to use the subscription on two PCs plus one mobile device. The Adobe rep just couldn't understand why we don't want to build dielines on an iPhone.

I have just started to play around with InkScape as a vector graphic program, at the moment I am liking it very much, it was a bit fiddly to get installed due to the required version of X11 but once it was working it has a really nice FreeHandy look and feeling to it.

I took the dive and did the subscription at home (all products). Just because I needed Photoshop, Illy and InDesign. It's rather expensive for me because I just use it for side projects and my own personal use.

Who has tried Affinity and how do you like it?

Loving the Affinity and I already have all "borrowed" copies of PhotoShop off my Computer... Disclaimer, talking about my home computer, the work computers have legit Photoshop versions and even there Affinity is replacing Adobe´s finest.

If you want to avoid paying a monthly Subscription fee for Photoshop and other Adobe software see below. You can get all the best Adobe software now at a much reduced cost in the Adobe CS6 Master Collection for just $151.00. It downloads directly from Adobe and there is not any Monthly Adobe Cloud subscription fee. It comes with all Popular Adobe software like Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended; InDesign CS6; Illustrator CS6; After Effects CS6; Acrobat Pro; Dreamweaver CS6; Premier CS6; InCopy CS6 plus more, and as a Bonus lots of great Photoshop Plugins to make using Photoshop easier and much better. See it here.

Be aware that the company referenced above is not an Authorized Adobe Reseller and it is exceptionally unlikely that they are selling “Genuine Full Retail Versions of the Software” – if they were, they would be shipping you the actual retail packing of the product, not a pointer to a download site and a serial number! It is very possible that you actually may be receiving a pirated serial number (possibly the result of an illegally “unbundled” volume license). When any such serial numbers are discovered when used, Adobe may disable such software operations.

Also, note that such software may not work particularly well or at all on modern OS versions, especially on MacOS! CS6 versions of Adobe software have not been supported for a number of years and there are no “free updates, service patches, and discounted upgrade” available for CS6 software.

You've been duly warned!

- Dov

Dov Isaacs people in this post do not like and think Adobe Subscription is a RIP off! I know the software they give you downloads directly from Adobe and they have an A + rating from the Better Business Bureau since 2001. Plus the serial number works and the software never expires. It works well with all versions of MAC and PC Computers. You never bought from them, so what you say is Libel and fake news.
I am not justifying subscriptions versus so-called “perpetual licenses” (more on that below), but the facts are the facts.

Nothing that I stated was “fake news” or “libel” in any way whatsoever. The vendor is absolutely not an Authorized Adobe Reseller and you may find issues with the serial numbers they provide. We have no idea where they are getting those serial numbers from. If you have legitimate retail versions of the Adobe CS6 software (as they claim them to be), you should be receiving that software in its original packaging with the printed serial number, not downloading software from links designed for customers who need to retrieve files due to lost or damaged media from the past. Something is really not kosher there! Unlike software licenses purchased from Authorized Adobe Resellers, Adobe will not stand behind anything you buy from this or similar outfits.

And yes, these are “perpetual licenses” but that doesn't mean they will “work” forever. As MacOS and Windows have evolved significantly since CS6 was released years ago (neither Apple nor Microsoft guarantee compatibility of new OS releases with old application versions) and new hardware becomes available, the efficacy of old application releases may decrease dramatically. We do know of significant issues with CS6 software with the latest versions of MacOS and Windows. Such “perpetual licenses” only purport to work with the hardware and software environments available at the time of release of such software. You will also find a significant lack of compatibility with content created on newer versions of these applications, especially InDesign and Illustrator.

- Dov

Dov Isaacs people in this post do not like and think Adobe Subscription is a RIP off! I know the software they give you downloads directly from Adobe and they have an A + rating from the Better Business Bureau since 2001. Plus the serial number works and the software never expires. It works well with all versions of MAC and PC Computers. You never bought from them, so what you say is Libel and fake news.

Dude, get lost. Adobe for the most part is a reliable company. The issues people have are far and few between.

Edit: I will say that menial issues that are delegated to their Asiatic support team always take forever to resolve and it feels like pulling teeth.

Last edited:
You Dov are a Troll trying to cause trouble here since why would you come here if you like the Adobe Subscription service when this is a post by people who hate and do not want the Adobe Subscription Service. Adobe stopped selling it on CD or DVD like 5 years ago. I know theirs downloads directly from Adobe so it is orginal. Plus there are still updates. Again, People came to this post because they hate Adobe Subscription service and want an alternative.

You Dov are a Troll trying to cause trouble here since why would you come here if you like the Adobe Subscription service when this is a post by people who hate and do not want the Adobe Subscription Service. Adobe stopped selling it on CD or DVD like 5 years ago. I know theirs downloads directly from Adobe so it is orginal. Plus there are still updates. Again, People came to this post because they hate Adobe Subscription service and want an alternative.

Lol, Dov is a Principal Scientist at Adobe, not a troll. He's saying your link's serial numbers are probably stolen, not that the software doesn't download from Adobe.

BTW, BitDefender flags your link as Malware so your post has been reported. https://www.virustotal.com/#/url/5c...f707b723e57d112b0c84043c18f968362fc/detection

And yes, these are “perpetual licenses” but that doesn't mean they will “work” forever. As MacOS and Windows have evolved significantly since CS6 was released years ago (neither Apple nor Microsoft guarantee compatibility of new OS releases with old application versions) and new hardware becomes available, the efficacy of old application releases may decrease dramatically. We do know of significant issues with CS6 software with the latest versions of MacOS and Windows. Such “perpetual licenses” only purport to work with the hardware and software environments available at the time of release of such software. You will also find a significant lack of compatibility with content created on newer versions of these applications, especially InDesign and Illustrator.

- Dov

I think a subscription model is a fair tradeoff for continual support and updates across new hardware and OS environments. I get that some people want to stick with old computers and operating systems until they grind to an absolute halt (and then post on this forum asking for help lol)...but that's not the best business decision IMO.

I think a subscription model is a fair tradeoff for continual support and updates across new hardware and OS environments. I get that some people want to stick with old computers and operating systems until they grind to an absolute halt (and then post on this forum asking for help lol)...but that's not the best business decision IMO.

First of all the Adobe CS6 Master Collection is very reliable and stable. It works with every version of PC and Mac. This company gives great tech support in English seven days a week including Over night and is always available with a quick solution. Adobe tech support directly is terrible and they often do not really understand you because English is not their first language. Plus everytime Adobe does an update there are problems that prevent many people from properly using it after the update. If it is not broken don't fix it!

First of all the Adobe CS6 Master Collection is very reliable and stable. It works with every version of PC and Mac. This company gives great tech support in English seven days a week including Over night and is always available with a quick solution. Adobe tech support directly is terrible and they often do not really understand you because English is not their first language. Plus everytime Adobe does an update there are problems that prevent many people from properly using it after the update. If it is not broken don't fix it!

Company's address is some random house in Florida lol. Website is a total joke.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back