Creo rip to old? can't print under 10.6.8

BigSi

Hi there.

I have recentley up graded to 10.6.8 on my Mac. Problem!!. Can't print to my Creo Spire CXP50. ( hooked up to my xerox DC 5000 )
Xerox tech support surgest all sorts of work around solutions e.g. hot folders, generic ppd's etc.. But they all seem like they don't really fix the problem. Is this rip really that old?
It seems creo are not doing patchs/updates for it anymore. Shall I just go back to previouse OS?. Not really a long term solution.

Xerox only sold me the rip 2 years ago.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

Hi there.

I have recentley up graded to 10.6.8 on my Mac. Problem!!. Can't print to my Creo Spire CXP50. ( hooked up to my xerox DC 5000 )
Xerox tech support surgest all sorts of work around solutions e.g. hot folders, generic ppd's etc.. But they all seem like they don't really fix the problem. Is this rip really that old?
It seems creo are not doing patchs/updates for it anymore. Shall I just go back to previouse OS?. Not really a long term solution.

Xerox only sold me the rip 2 years ago.

Any advice much appreciated. Thanks

What was your older OS? Does your RIP require Appletalk for printing? Keep in mind that in OS 10.6 Appletalk has been removed. We have setup an older Mac running 10.4 to use print sharing, and our newer Macs are connected to the 10.4 Mac, for printing.

-Sev

Thanks for replying, from memory it was running 10.4.11, no it does not require Apple talk. Yes I may need to do something like you have set up.
thanks.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back