Setup problem of Virtual Printer on Creo RIP (Xerox 700)

sidneykidney

I have created a virtual printer (hot folder) on my Creo RIP (CX700 v1.5 SP1) for 85x55mm Landscape Business Cards which prints on our Xerox 700. This seems to be the standard size which most of my customers are currently using.

Due to a crash, I have had to reinstalled my Creo Software and am trying to get back to where I was before, but cannot seem to create a setup which caters for files sent from my Mac using: Quark XPress, Adobe InDesign and Acrobat, even though before the crash everything was okay.

Once the file has been processed and Ready for Print, when I preview the imposed file (3x8 with 4mm gutter), the page orientation has to be either changed from portrait to landscape or vice-versa on the RIP, otherwise it doesn't work.

I have also turned on/off the tick box in the virtual printed box which says 'override PPD parameters' but still no luck...In all 3 programs, my page setup is SRA3.

Setup problem of Virtual Printer on Creo RIP (Xerox 700)

Having worked with Creos and Fierys extensively, I am wondering when you say you reinstalled the Creo, are you certain the disks you used were current, and did you reload all the patches and fixes? Very often the disks that come with a new controller are not up-to-date, and even if they were when you got it, they might be out of date now.

If the OS is not current and you don't have all the required patches/fixes, that may be the root of your troubles. In fact, it sounds very much like you have a bug or some other issue that should be taken care of with a patch. If you have or can get support through Xerox or a dealer, I would get them to reload it again and make sure they have the current OS and all the required updates and patches/fixes for your hardware.

Also, you should always keep a back-up of your Creo prefs, etc. on a separate drive. This backs up all fonts, profiles, settings, templates...and you can use it to restore your Creo if you ever have to reload again.

Thanks for your reply. When I was using version 1.5, I only had 1 hot folder for business cards sent from all programs but since I installed the latest patch from the Xerox website (1GB download file for SP1) everything has gone haywire. I had previously created a configuration backup which was restored once the update has been installed, but this doesn't work at all. I think that I might reinstall 1.5 again but NOT update to version SP1 and see if this makes any difference.

Hi sidney,

just wondered if going back to pre SP1 fixed your problems?

I've just upgraded to SP1 and we are having the same problems with quark rotating jobs, this only seems to happen with custom page sizes, if we send A4 or A3 in the page setup everything is normal.

bt

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back