Another Xerox 700 vs Konica 6501

Uber? Really?

Uber? Really?

I don't work for Xerox but I can tell you that when there are deadlines we went with the 700 because I don't have time to wait for tech to come out and do something that we could do. The KM sales rep said the same BS you did..."Xerox is going to turn you into a tech." Oh, it is so hard to change a fuser or drum. In the time it takes to call the 800 # and get a hold of a person, we already have the machine up and running. As for the black fill, there is no freakin' way that KM can touch Xerox. Sure, maybe I was sold a bill of goods with the 2400 x 2400, but it sure looks better than anything I have seen come off of a Konica. Since we have had this we have had ZERO complaints about jams and downtime...how can you say we made a bad decison? Oh, that 's right you can't because we don't work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't work for Xerox but I can tell you that when there are deadlines we went with the 700 because I don't have time to wait for tech to come out and do something that we could do. The KM sales rep said the same BS you did..."Xerox is going to turn you into a tech." Oh, it is so hard to change a fuser or drum. In the time it takes to call the 800 # and get a hold of a person, we already have the machine up and running. As for the black fill, there is no freakin' way that KM can touch Xerox. Sure, maybe I was sold a bill of goods with the 2400 x 2400, but it sure looks better than anything I have seen come off of a Konica. Since we have had this we have had ZERO complaints about jams and downtime...how can you say we made a bad decison? Oh, that 's right you can't because we don't work for you.

Like I say, pretty inconsistant with what I have heard from others. When did you get your c6500?

2 years ago....

2 years ago....

You hang with Konica people so of course it is going to be different from what you hear around your office or customers. Xerox gave us a list of five customers and we called them all. NONE of them had any complaints about the 700. Sure there are issues with any copier, but based on what they were told and what they received they have all been very happy. Like I said, the Konica is a great copier, but the uptime on the 700 was a key selling feature to our office.

lfelton, with the exception of the fuser web, the rest of the fuser is for the tech to replace. To be quite honest my average fuser roll/oiler life is 200 - 300k, it's not historically a part that will "all of the sudden" fail. I will normally have plenty of notice to get service there.

Drums on the other hand are a different story.

Yep, that's pretty much what we've found, except we're getting more clicks between fuser rebuilds. Totally agree that you need all the drums on the shelf.

Fuser and drums

Fuser and drums

These are two things that we replace whenever we want in the middle of a big run without calling for service. Again, this was a point that made sense to our users. For that they are very happy. I completely agree that a tech could see when it is due to be replaced but there are times when we might run 100k in a week so knowing that we have the drums on hand and can replace them in a matter of minutes helps us a lot.

You hang with Konica people so of course it is going to be different from what you hear around your office or customers. Xerox gave us a list of five customers and we called them all. NONE of them had any complaints about the 700. Sure there are issues with any copier, but based on what they were told and what they received they have all been very happy. Like I said, the Konica is a great copier, but the uptime on the 700 was a key selling feature to our office.

Hi whitecollarskater,

I normally do not trust calling those numbers given by vendors cos its not a good point of reference check.

Who on earth would give you a contact list of customers when they know these poll of customers are complaining.

If you say changing of fuser and drum, its solely dependance of individual operator of the system. Take Indigo and NexPress for example, operator is trained to change parts.
:rolleyes:

I have run hundreds of sheets on the 6501, 4+1 and also 4 colours each side and the registration has been almost perfect. Now it's a big ask to expect one of these machines to perfect on the heavy stocks I use, and to be honest I haven't even tried!

Thanks for the information about the fusers on the 6501 PrintFreq, I've had a problem that sounds exactly like this and it shows up badly when the sheets have been gloss varnished. I'm running board of 300gsm both coated and uncoated and the coated stock is worst affected.

I must add just how well the Duplo coater works with the 6501 also. We have used both matte and gloss on our board stock and they are fantastic and running costs are superb. The switching from one varnish to another is quick and not wasteful of varnish. Okay so the machine is a bit large but that allows commercial non digital print to be run also.

As for Xerox... well... erm... nuff said!!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back