Crop larger

kaiserwilhelm

If I select the crop tool in Acrobat I can change the page size to a custom number.
IE, job started at 8.5 x 11. But, I want 20 x 20. I can do this.

How can I accomplish the same in Pitstop? I have tried every available option that I am aware of

Not sure about Pitstop because I find Quite Imposing simple for altering page size. But you could always drop the PDF into an InDesign page & run out a new PDF.
Not the question you asked but a solution if that's what you needed.

I’m not sure how familiar you are with the inner workings of PDF, so here are a couple of screenshots that will help explain.

This is all about Page Boxes.
Firstly you have the Media Box. This is always the largest Box, and if you think of a PDF as an electronic document, think of the Media Box as the paper that the document is on.

The you have the Crop Box. This performs a ‘soft crop’ so that Acrobat looks like the page is cropped, but in reality it isn’t the Crop Box just hides anything outside it.
You actually don’t need this for Print, it can be safely removed

So basically to achieve the result you want, you need to make the Media Box 20x20, enlarging from the middle so the content is not moved.
You then need to remove or edit the Crop Box as well, or the new size won’t show in Acrobat.

In PitStop, manually you can do it in the Inspector (in the panel shown in the Screenshots), or you can do it via a Global Change or an Action List (attached).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.26.17 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.26.17 AM.png
    167.4 KB · Views: 326
  • Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.25.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-04-08 at 10.25.57 AM.png
    246.9 KB · Views: 301
  • Resize Media Box to 20_ x 20_ from Center.eal.zip
    2 KB · Views: 292

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back