CS 6 - costing

kaiserwilhelm

We wrote some scripts (in 5.5) for internal use. Our customer wants them and I am flying out to help them get going with a new way of doing things.
All that to find out that they only have 5.0 on some machines. The other 20 or so are CS 4.
I am concerned about scripts from 5.5 to 4.0.

The question is this. If they upgrade from 4.0 (CS Standard) to 5.5 now, what will 6 cost them when it comes out?
If they waited 45 days, could they be in that window where 5.5 purchase means 6.0 free?
Understand, when you are talking 25 copies, this tends to matter.

I think you have two options.

1) As Luke suggested, talk directly with Adobe sales and see if you can work out a group discount. 25 upgrades is no chomp change for anyone and I'm sure Adobe would want that money.

2) I'm no scripting expert, but generally, what works in CS4 continues to work fine in CS5.5. I think you should be able to re-write the script so it is backward compatible. I don't think javascript changed that drastically from CS4 to CS5.5.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back