CS5 PDF Issues

rath307

We are having issues with exporting PDF's out of CS5
some of the images do not appear in the PDF in Acrobat.
We can however see them in Neo which is just a more
extensive version of Acrobat PitStop. We tryed many different
formats ie. PDFX3A, Press Quality,PDFX1A and PDFX4A.
The only way we have some success is to export an EPS
out of CS5 and Distill it. THe job does have many Photoshop
PSD files but this was never an issue in CS4. Any suggestions

Very strange. I have had CS5 for 2 months and have exported over a thousand PDFs no problem.
Do you have Overprint Preview set to on?

Could you give more info on the kinds of jobs or the kinds of images? Process only or spot colour? What kind of files are you placing? What format? What is you Transparency flattening blend space?
I would be happy to look at an example file and the PDF to see where the file is.
When you say CS5 do you mean InDesign or Illustrator or Photoshop or all?
Is it Mac or PC? What OS. One file on multiple computers? or Multiple files on one computer? Every file on one computer? Have you tested simple files and worked your way up to pin point why or when the problem occurs?

Neo has a better overprint preview then Acrobat by default (even with overprint preview on). Im guessing that those images have some kind of funky overprint setting on them or on top of them (maybe a varnish object or something). Check your preferences in Acrobat.

CS5 Indesign

CS5 Indesign

Thanks for the many replys It is Indesign CS5 no spot colors
we have the overprint on when viewing the PDF in Acrobat.
The images will be in our output proofs Epsons, Lasers, or Fuji
proofs This is the first time I have seen this there are 5 other
Desktop operators here who a just as baffeled.

Until you post an actual PDF that demonstrates this problem - we can't help...

So i use Indesign CS5 and export 20+ pdf files a day. I don't use any standard and my compatibility is set to Acrobat 6 - This works for spot and cmyk files. I use all zip compression, except for monochrome - i use CCITT Group 4. No color conversion, no color profiles. This creates a file that is acceptable for my Nexus Rip and i never have any problems. Try these settings and see what happens.

Yes, all files have been changed to the correct profile beforehand, then placed into indesign, therefore the export is all the same ICC - no need to deal with it.

We are having issues with exporting PDF's out of CS5
some of the images do not appear in the PDF in Acrobat.
We can however see them in Neo which is just a more
extensive version of Acrobat PitStop. We tryed many different
formats ie. PDFX3A, Press Quality,PDFX1A and PDFX4A.
The only way we have some success is to export an EPS
out of CS5 and Distill it. THe job does have many Photoshop
PSD files but this was never an issue in CS4. Any suggestions

What part of CS5, Illustrator, PShop, InDesign? I am a die hard Quark man myself and I think InDesign is just a blown up version of PageMaker, and that was crap too. Illustrator on the other hand is VERY good...

Yes I did

Yes I did

When I first started using macs in 1988, Quark was in its infancy and PageMaker ruled the roost. That was in the days when we lowly mac ops trusted our work to bureaux , now we all have our own bureaux to contend with internally. PageMaker was a nightmare to get postscript files out of but hey... that's a long story for another time. As far as InDesign goes, yes it is a great program and cheap to boot, hence its popularity and obvious choice amongst those who want to spend less on their software.It does cause a few headacheds if like where I work, you don't have a true pdf workflow. OK it has a great pdf engine, thanks to Adobe development but come on now, who will deny that if Quark was the same price as CS you would all be there because it is a far far superior product than InDesign, that is why a majority of print houses and designers (magazine publishers, report writers compositors etc) use quark, because of its pure power. OK I take it back, InDesign isn't crap but I think personally it comes a poor second to Quark. Long live QUARK I say. The only problem is that most schools and colleges are using InDesign so Quark are going to have to come up with a cunning plan, as Baldrick would say.....

Ok so i use indesign CS5, I don't use Quark and I can't say if it is better or worse, but a blanket statement saying that Quark is far far superior without qualifying it doesn't sit well with me - please tell me why. I can tell you why I use Indesign......Its what i know.......i don't feel i need to learn another program that probably does the same thing as Indesign.......im too busy to learn something else.....hell i think i know the creative suite pretty good and I probably only use 10% of what it can really do.

we started with pagemaker 1.0a and loved it. sure it looks like a cheap word processor by todays standards, but it was the thing to have. tried switching to quark once and could not do it. to difficult to use for us. the switch to indesign was easier but still had a learning curve.

PDF Setting

PDF Setting

What PDF Setting were you using on Exporting from Illustrator CS5. for the High Quality print (offset Printing) (for Trueflow SE Workflow)

Make Sure your linked files are updated or not before you exporting the file.:D

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back