CTP or CTcP

naskagz

We are planning to start a plate beureau in surat. we have planned to install a FFEI UV CTP machine only thig that bothers me is will we be able to compete with other beaureau who provides with CTcP plates and is there any future chances tht CTP violet will be at par in rates with CTP.
And also can someone provide me with prices for different photopolymer plates of different manufacturesrs so i can further calculate my cost.

Please do it fast

May I know what kind of print work you do mostly. Sheetfed or Web? Because I would recommend CTP or CTcP rather than Violet CTP. Violet plates are a bit high when compared to CTP thermal plates in India and I don't think that is gonna change anytime soon.

Violet is the best option for high quality and better turn around time, but you have to pay a premium price for the plates.

CTP or CTcP

Something to consider is that Photopolymer Violet systems are less expensive, including initial investment and subsequent repair and maintenance costs etc...
They also use less energy and the equipment is less complex than thermal.
For example photopolymer violet imagers use one laser that has a replacement cost between $1800 and $6000 including labor where as with the thremal lasers, Screen, for example, has at least 16 lasers at a replacement cost of about $1500 each PLUS install and with a Creo system you're looking at $20,000 and up.
Another thing to consider is that more and more plate manufacturers are offering P-Violet plate selections at comparable prices to thermal.

Hi Naskagz,
I am with KimSaks his opinion about costs on platesetters Thermal Vs Violet is absolutely right. However, Thermal plate prices are falling quicker than Violet for the simple reason that there are already scores of manufacturers for Thermal plates. Violet still remains more or less a domain for the Big 3 and their partners.
In India it seems the technology is more driven by sole manufacturer and their focus has been Violet for obvious reasons though they manufacture both Thermal and Violet plates.
Decision between CTP and CTCP in Indian market could be based on how many plates you plan to make per day. More plates means you need lower Plate costs I suggest you work your equipment costs number of years you plan to use with number of plates you plan to image and arrive at the ROI.
Thanks
Prakash

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back