Customer requesting non-photocopy font

Steven

Some people in our shop say they have encountered this before, but I cannot find any information on this. The Customer isn't interested in reflective/color security, but the actual font. Any ideas out there?

Thanks!

I can't see how there could be a specific font that would not photocopy. The color is what the copier scanner sees, not the typestyle. The scanner sees what it's scanning as one big graphic.

Alot of copiers do have security in them to prevent copying of certain features. They can detect when money is placed in the scanner.

I also had a client bring me in a document with a light watermark pattern in the background that wouldn't photocopy. Machine just brought up an error saying something along the lines of illegal copy detected.

I have never heard of a 'non-photocopy' font, although, I have been told that you will get non-repro results if you print as 0% black on a white paper ;)
Is the customer looking for something like a VOID pantograph? (when copied displays a pattern and/or text....)

Thanks for your input! I'm going to try the micro-printing option and see if they're interested in that.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back