customer stock

When I have seen that done it causes errors due to arcing. I have seen some "metallic" stuff run but I wasn't conductive either because it wasn't really a metal foil or it was coated.

We did this on the 7100 we used to have albeit the coverage of the foil stamping was light coverage, and it seemed to work well. However one thing to not is if the foil image was not fully applied/transfers (little bits of edge trim around art/object that didn't release cleanly) it will track onto your fusing belt and the web from what I could tell has a hard time cleaning this off. Printing over foil or into foil, which I was asked some time ago, I can say is a no go by any means. But that is obvious as to why.

We do it pretty regularly with business card shells without issue. I was always told about the arcing as well by an old Ikon tech when I worked at Kinko's. My Canon techs when I asked just looked at me like "why the hell wouldn't it work?", so maybe the arcing is an old thing people used to say but isn't relevant anymore.

I had problems with that in the past so I won't recommend it. However, if the printer manufacturer mentioned somewhere that it can print it then you should move ahead with it.

Curious, what was the problem and what printer were you having the problem with. Also did you adjust your fusing temps at all when testing?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back