Cut Marks offset in Signa?

zoran

Does anyone know of easy way of offsetting crop marks or Cut Marks in Signa?
SIgna is such a smart system, much smarter than Preps, you would think it has automatic way of offsetting marks that is tied to bleed for example so if you say in Master pages bleed is 0.25" instead of standard 0.125", you would expect it to automatically offset cut marks by that much, however that is not the case.
The only way I can see it being done is either manually creating special mark (which is out of this world ridiculous) or manually, one cut mark at the time, which is time consuming process, error prone.

Am I crazy and don't see obvious or Signa is not that smart after all?
In Preps, you manually enter offset for marks and it does it to all marks at once, at least.

Please help.

Thanks

I haven't found a way either. You can make a duplicate mark with a larger offset and then replace them a few at the same time, but it's a tedious job.

If someone knows an easier way to do this, i would be interested to know how as well...

Great question!

I looked into it awhile ago but found no answer. Now again with the new update, but nothing address this topic. The one way I can see doing it is in the Page Inspector. You will need to changed the offset of each mark. Not very convenient. The other is to create a new custom mark with the offsets you want. Then in the product part inspector choose this custom mark as your setting.

Maybe HD would like to chime in on this?

p

Hi Guys - Good question!

The easiest answer is:
Copy the standard cropmark & copy into a "MyMarks" or some other custom marks folder.
Use the marks editor to expand the canvas (I did it to 1.1 x 1.1).
Move the crop mark line to the appropriate position (I moved the Y axis to 1.1).
Save the mark.
Then, in the marks window "Choose" this custom mark to be used as the default cut mark.
When Signa places the crop mark - it actually places your custom mark twice - rotated 90 deg. on the "HotSpot".
Your math may vary - depending on the offset that you want.
Took only 1-2 minutes to do.
Now with one choice your marks are globaly offset for that job - or leave it as your default.
Attached is the mark I created -- just rename it to .rdf (I had to rename to upload)

Hope this helps!
Jeff

Attachments

• New-CutMark.txt
    3.3 KB · Views: 215
Hi Jeff and thank you.
This is good workaround, I tested it and it works as advertised.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back