Cutting and creasing table for mock ups

Chief_1975

Hi All,

I was wondering if anybody had any recommendations for a cutting & creasing table to be used for short run mock-ups i.e. cartons, labels etc ?

Currently we out source our cutting & creasing but if a solution is not too expensive (I have no idea whether we are taking hundreds, thousands or ten of thousands!) it may be worth us bringing in house.

I am also interested if anybody is producing mock ups with digital ink jet, we have a Epson 7800 which currently we are only using for flat proofs on standard 250 gsm gloss but perhaps we not taping into its full potential ?

Cutting and creasing table for mock ups

The tables for cutting and creasing mock-ups can be cost prohibitive if your quantities are low. We use a Gerber Profile cutting table but keep it busy several hours a day. We cut CAD samples, mock-ups, coating blankets for two presses, and print mylars of dieboard layouts. The price is in the tens of thousands but has saved us time and man hours and helped pay for itself in the process.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back