Darwin Pro Limited Output

vaugh6288

So we have been running Darwin Pro with our Xerox 800 w/ Creo CX1000 RIP for a while now and it has been pretty cool. But yesterday we encountered an interesting problem. We had a job that was 12,355 records and when I setup everything in ID CS4 and tried to check my variable data using the refresh button in the Darwin plug-in, Darwin would crash - after about 3 times crashing I decided to just export without checking it...it worked. All 12,355 records printed to a VPS and ripped...but I couldn't check my work. I reduced the number of records to something like 3,300 in a test project and it finally let me refresh within InDesign......

So my question is,has anyone else seen this before? Is there a magic number of records that Darwin/InDesign have in mind for a limit on refreshing and viewing without Darwin crashing?

Thanks!!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back