David Watson, founder of Ultimate Technographics, passes away at drupa

Cory Smith

Düsseldorf, Germany; Montreal, Canada, June 2, 2008 - With great regret Ultimate announces the loss of its president and founder, David Watson. David passed away after having a serious heart attack. Respected by the entire industry, David had already conducted a compass session at what was his 5th drupa. He was delighted to celebrate his company's 20th anniversary there. Ultimate would like to thank the people that have given support and shown their sympathy. While their thoughts are with David's family the Ultimate team expresses its determination to continue to revolutionize digital imposition based on the vision David had set out.

With the mission to computerize the tedious and complicated task of imposition, David Watson invented digital imposition 20 years ago, launching the first version of Impostrip at drupa 1990. Through his company Ultimate Technographics, David has played an extremely important role in the industry's move from analog to digital, eliminating the need of knives and tape in pre-press. Through partnerships with various pre-press equipment vendors David has made his vision come true, allowing the industry to practically implement digital CTF and CTP workflows as we know them today.

Thanks to David's ability to spot industry trends, Ultimate is now set to revolutionize the printing industry a second time by fully automating imposition for digital print environments. While most of his ideas and insights live within the different layers of the company, David's passing away represents a great loss to the company and the industry.

Ultimate's executive management, under the direction of David's wife Joanne David, will be taking over the leadership of the company, ensuring continuity and growth for the vision and company David created.

For more information please contact Dorine Vanleke ([email protected], +32 9 330 60 12)

Re: David Watson, founder of Ultimate Technographics, passes away at drupa

Hello,

David was a friend to many of us and will be missed.

To help remember him I would like his friends to participate in building a Remembrance Album about him.

I have created a widget that you are welcome to pass along. Please upload any image you have and sign the book with your thoughts.
I hope those of you that knew him will take a moment to record your eulogy into this book.

Link: [http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/david-watson]

Please share this with friends of David!

Please contact me directly if you have any questions or suggestions about this. I have set this up and will be monitoring it.

David Lewis
Lucid Dream Software

Re: David Watson, founder of Ultimate Technographics, passes away at drupa

Hello from Drupa,

We would actually prefer that all messages and signs of sympathies be send directly to Ultimate Technographics' team to [email protected].

All the best,
Sincerely,

Raymond Duval
Ultimate Technographics Inc.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back