DC 240 drum problems!!??

kristianeyman

Has anybody found a solution to the weak drums that xerox is producing for the 240 lineup?? I currently get about 50% life out of them running 220-12pt stock tabloid (1000) daily. I currently run 6 units and it seems like I am constantly changing them out. I have thought of changing over to 6060's just because it's more of a production machine and that's what I need. I would rather have something more stout than trying to make a office machine over perform. Any suggestions? I need to have minimum of 2 machines in each shop. Looking at dc6060's, dc5000, or bizhub 5500&bizhub6500

Has anybody found a solution to the weak drums that xerox is producing for the 240 lineup?? I currently get about 50% life out of them running 220-12pt stock tabloid (1000) daily. I currently run 6 units and it seems like I am constantly changing them out. I have thought of changing over to 6060's just because it's more of a production machine and that's what I need. I would rather have something more stout than trying to make a office machine over perform. Any suggestions? I need to have minimum of 2 machines in each shop. Looking at dc6060's, dc5000, or bizhub 5500&bizhub6500

I know it's stupid to ask, but is your machine in a fsma contract ? Since you have a problem with the usage of the drum, than probably not :) .

Have you talked with the technicians ? Try using two drums, one for light color coverage and one for medium to high.

If you are able to split your work then you might get close to the estimated life. Generally, the estimated life is based on optimum conditions. In a market economy this is quite hard to reproduce.

Are you aware that you can get OPC drums etc from 3rd parties to rebuild a drum at a fraction of the cost of an original? I get these for my 3535 (purple drums) and they work very well.

About the 5000 I've heard that their drums also don't last very well, aren't they the same as in the DC250 series? Please correct me if I'm wrong about the 5000.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back