Xerox 1000 Install...

Xerox just completed installation of my new 1000 press with Freeflow and a bookletmaker. I already printed a few jobs and saddlestich booklets - so far so good. I'll keep my fingers cross. My major print runs will happen next week.

Freeflow sounds so insanley full of bugs I can't believe they released it. Surely it must be totally counter productive to release it in its current state in terms of engineer visits (if they ever leave your premises in the first place!) and ongoing support costs.

We purchased Freeflow web which was a disaster. Project was cancelled and we took a x700 in trade as we were over capacity on two kmc6500s.

I'm having trouble deciding myself what digital workflow I'm going to use. I plan on buying possibly 1 to 2 xerox dc5000s. What I HATE is how people feel they need to comment on a product THEY DONT EVEN OWN! Lots of hear say going on in this forum.

With that being said I also find it hard to believe freeflow is that bad? Also why are people with RIP issues looking for help of a forum? Wouldn't you have tech support? These servers/software sure as hell isn't cheap so why wouldnt you add tech support for it? Maybe thats why lots of people posting with issues have issues???

I'm just upset with people posting bad info and trying to make one product look bad, when they never even owned one.

Its hard enough figuring this stuff out from scratch then adding salemen in the mix trying to push their products. Now is freeflow truely a "disaster"? i so why? details? dont take a jab and run away....

I'm having trouble deciding myself what digital workflow I'm going to use. I plan on buying possibly 1 to 2 xerox dc5000s. What I HATE is how people feel they need to comment on a product THEY DONT EVEN OWN! Lots of hear say going on in this forum.

With that being said I also find it hard to believe freeflow is that bad? Also why are people with RIP issues looking for help of a forum? Wouldn't you have tech support? These servers/software sure as hell isn't cheap so why wouldnt you add tech support for it? Maybe thats why lots of people posting with issues have issues???

I'm just upset with people posting bad info and trying to make one product look bad, when they never even owned one.

Its hard enough figuring this stuff out from scratch then adding salemen in the mix trying to push their products. Now is freeflow truely a "disaster"? i so why? details? dont take a jab and run away....

If you read some of my other posts you will see detailed reasons the Free Flow on the 1000 has issues. When it comes to the Free Flow product I don't mind it at all. I run it on the two 5000s I have. As for the "don't take a jab comment"... I don't appreciate it and feel you should show some respect to people who take time out of their day to post info for the benefit of others...

I have Freeflow server with 1000 and Freeflow Make Ready staion. They both do work fine. Before I had Fiery on my previous Xerox colour printer and I don't miss it too much except imposition. To convert jobs to print 2, 3 or 4 up on a page was a lot easier on Fiery. But if you have Freeflow Make Ready, you can do all the set ups there and use Freeflow server for sending jobs. Anyway, after I read all the posts I was worried a lot that Freeflow or 1000 will not work. They do have a few minor glitches but everything is working just fine and they do talk to each other

ShortrunMag I sorry but I wasnt referring to you its just more the frustration of every other post people posting things based on hear say or just say it sucks but no facts as to why, with their own experience. You were actually pretty detailed and I have read your other posts. Didnt mean to pick your thread to post this but it is what it is lol. thanks

I sell tons of different papers and here's a little secret...

Xerox paper is actually Hammermill (International Paper)...

...but shhhh...don't tell anybody...oh and Hammermill is half the price of Xerox paper.

Xerox paper resolves 100% of all the problems particularly software bugs :):)

On the contrary I have seen the 1000 running with the Creo DFE with excellent results from the first minute.
Maybe you should test drive the Creo.

Any idea who makes there coated stocks? I had a case of futura laser 100# dull that had a futura ream wrap with a Xerox information sticker on it. It was labeled for 100# Elite Silk Text. I wonder if new page makes all of their coated. Who does their 12pt supreme gloss with the cast coating? The only other cast coat I can find is Kromekote.

I was told by a person VERY close to New Page that they make the xerox coated paper. They would not confirm nor deny if it comes off the same roll as Futura though.

Sorry to say that I don't know that yet. Each paper mill has an unofficial signature that is on the paper and is left by their mill equipment.

I don't mean signature as in a watermark or anything that has their name marked on it.

I'm talking about if you were to closely examine the fiber texture patterns on the sheet that each one is slightly different and unique from one manufacturer to another. It's easier to spot on the cheaper grades of paper but sometimes a magnifying glass helps.

Try it sometime and you'll see what I'm talking about. I'm not saying all sheets and manufacturers are so unique that you can always tell but sometimes you can.

Any idea who makes there coated stocks? I had a case of futura laser 100# dull that had a futura ream wrap with a Xerox information sticker on it. It was labeled for 100# Elite Silk Text. I wonder if new page makes all of their coated. Who does their 12pt supreme gloss with the cast coating? The only other cast coat I can find is Kromekote.

Alex

How long have you had your 800?

How many clicks a month are you averaging?

What is your click rate for a full size sheet?

Is it fixed or "variable" pricing on the clicks?

Thx much

Rob

Alex

How long have you had your 800?

How many clicks a month are you averaging?

What is your click rate for a full size sheet?

Is it fixed or "variable" pricing on the clicks?

Thx much

Rob

I believe we got ours in February of this year, but honestly I'm not 100% on that.

We average roughly 100-150k clicks a month.

I don't have our exact click charges off hand but I do know that it's a fixed charge, no matter the size sheet we run.

Now you'll have to pardon me, it jammed again....

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back