Deskpack without Backstage

eduardo

Hi

I'm looking to buy the Deskpack BoostX for Illustrator CS3. Can I use BoostX like a standalone, without Backstage workflow?

Sorry for the question, but I'm a Prinergy user and I don't know very well the Esko systems.

Thank you

There are several DeskPack plugins for Ai that do not require you have a BackStage workflow, (most of them actually), and will work as standalones for CS2 or CS3 Ai / Mac or Win. BoostX is one of them.
You may want to start here Esko Store - EskoArtwork < -- click
Choose your region, and then the product. Kind Regards.

Last edited:
There are several DeskPack plugins for Ai that do not require you have a BackStage workflow, (most of them actually), and will work as standalones for CS2 or CS3 Ai / Mac or Win. BoostX is one of them.
You may want to start here Esko Store - EskoArtwork < -- click
Choose your region, and then the product. Kind Regards.

Hi Eskopdl,
Does the trapX in deskpack v7r5 that can work standalone ( without the backstage server)?

Maxmini -

TrapX is the trapping within Ai plugin, but the actual trapping is done on the BackStage server to which Adobe Illustrator must connect.

There are a few benefits to this as none of the processing is done on you design station, thus using none of your local resources, and since the trapping settings (Tickets) are on a server that all stations connect those settings are available for all users of TrapX and the settings are consistent for all users.

Since TrapX just creating a trap layer that it adds to your original Ai file when you reopen it, your original artwork layers remain untouched.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back