Die cutting plates for a conventional offset press Heidelberg SM72

dabob

I remember back in the recesses of my mind that somebody makes die cutting/perfing plates that mount on the plate cylinder and die cut or perf similar to using a real cylinder die-cutter . . . we have a job that required a micro perf and its 4/1 it would be really nice to be able to do this in two passes print 4 turn and print 1 and perf on the last pass . . . Roto somehting or other???? they used to send me emails about how wonderful it was . . . any ideas?????:confused:

i think you must be confusing it with Dycril plates. If memory serves me that would be a raised image plate that would mount on the plate cylinder in the normal manner and print via the blanket cylinder without the use of water. AKA dry offset. I can't see how any sort of diecutting or perforating plate would work mounted on the plate cylinder as it would NEVER make contact with the sheet.

i think you must be confusing it with Dycril plates. If memory serves me that would be a raised image plate that would mount on the plate cylinder in the normal manner and print via the blanket cylinder without the use of water. AKA dry offset. I can't see how any sort of diecutting or perforating plate would work mounted on the plate cylinder as it would NEVER make contact with the sheet.

The die mounts on the blanket cylinder, a very interesting solution . . we may have a job 143,000 sheets 4/1 with two microperfs . .. this way we can get it done in 2 passes . . . take a look at the HS Boyd website

Last edited:
The die mounts on the blanket cylinder, a very interesting solution . . we may have a job 143,000 sheets 4/1 with two microperfs . .. this way we can get it done in 2 passes . . . take a look at the HS Boyd website

in your original post you said that the die mounts on the plate cylinder.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back