Difference between US/Canada Superbowl

gordo

The US transmission is delayed by about two minutes compared to the Canadian broadcast.

Allows the bookies time to run out on the field and hand cash to players and refs.

It gives teams like the so called 'Cheatriots' (who are now by the way 4 time Super Bowl Champions under Belichick and Brady) a way to use that delay to their advantage. They could feasibly have someone watch the Broadcast in Canada, see what happens, and then call in the results so if the Patriots don't like it, they could change the play before it gets televised in the States. Or they could at least be accused of doing that, since I guess it doesn't really matter if they're actually doing it or not.

The critics could also then be really creative as usual and call it something like 'the two minute warning'.

58734253.jpg
Not sure if joking or think broadcast delay enables time travel

It gives teams like the so called 'Cheatriots' (who are now by the way 4 time Super Bowl Champions under Belichick and Brady) a way to use that delay to their advantage. They could feasibly have someone watch the Broadcast in Canada, see what happens, and then call in the results so if the Patriots don't like it, they could change the play before it gets televised in the States. Or they could at least be accused of doing that, since I guess it doesn't really matter if they're actually doing it or not.

Of course! That makes perfect sense! Why didn't I think of that? LOL

in all seriousness;

"Clear Channel Communications also removed talk-radio host Howard Stern from several of its large-market radio stations within a month of the incident, citing the raunchy content of Stern's show. The FCC fined Clear Channel over allegedly indecent content in the Bubba the Love Sponge radio show. As a result of the incident, some networks established regulations requiring time delays of as much as five minutes for live broadcasts such as awards shows and sporting events"

It has little to do with Canada.

FCC get their palms greased by corporate Amerika and are no better than crooked politicians. I can't wait for them to regulate the internet next. Scumbags.

Last edited:
Tom Wheeler

Wheeler appears to have changed his mind regarding net neutrality as he said in January 2015 "We’re going to propose rules that say no blocking, no throttling, no paid prioritization" at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas."

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/...eed-obama-blueprint-to-ban-web-fast-lanes.ece

Title II for Internet providers is all but confirmed by FCC chairman | Ars Technica

Hey, gig0 - crawl outa yer bunker, put down that uzi and buy a newspaper.

;)

meh, talk is cheap. You should know that. Let's see the the details of the APPROVED bill.

/crawls back into my bunker

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back