Long Shutdowns with Konica Minolta C14000

tyruschen

Our company (in Taiwan) recently purchased a Konica Minolta C14000 last month. Currently, we are in the process of trying out various types of paper, and only in the past one or two weeks have we started large-scale printing. However, last week, a colleague noticed that when shutting down the machine after turning off the auxiliary power, the screen displayed the following message in Chinese:

"Data storage in progress. Data may be damaged. Do not turn off the main power switch. Please wait for 10 seconds after the main control panel and startup light go off before turning off the main power switch."

Surprisingly, after seeing this message, we waited for over an hour, and the screen did not turn off. Eventually, we had to call the machine engineer. He explained that it was because we had printed a large number of files that day, and the machine was still saving, hence the delay. However, we typically print only a few dozen files a day, and such a long shutdown time seems excessive. Later, the manufacturer's sales representative told us that if we wait too long, it's okay to shut down directly. In the following days, the shutdown still took twenty minutes to over half an hour.

This prolonged shutdown time is inconvenient for us and adds to our labor costs. We are curious to know if other C14000 users experience similar shutdown times. Is there anyone on the forum who can share their experiences? Thank you!

PXL_20240118_132117112.jpg

Our C4080 is predictable and shuts down quickly, irrespective of what work it has done.

Whereas our Pro951 (B/W) takes between 30 seconds and 30 minutes to perform a cooling operation and shutdown.
There is no correlation between the work done and the shutdown time. One one day it may have printed 10k duplex A3 sheets and shutdown quickly, whereas on another day it may have only been on a short while and printed a couple of hundred A4 sheets, then take >20 mins to shutdown.

There's another local shop I know of getting similar behaviours.

Did you try auto power-off mode?
I'm embarrassed to admit that this is the first time I've heard about the auto power-off mode for the C14000. Our engineer hasn't mentioned it. If it's convenient for you, could you please share how to set it up? Thank you.

Interesting, I've been running KM's since the 6500 came out. We are currently running a 3070, 2 3080's and a 951. We shut the sub power off every night and every Friday at the end of the day I walk thru and shut off the sub power and then come back about a min or two later and shut the main off. I've never had an issue in 15 years. Has anyone ever ran into an issue because they shut the main down too quickly?

I've never had an issue in 15 years. Has anyone ever ran into an issue because they shut the main down too quickly?
Not on either of our production machines.
Many years ago, we had an HDD corruption on a C454 after a very windy night when there had been multiple power outages (IIRC the UPS logs reported something like 15 power cycles) Obviously the C454 wasn't protected.

Previously, we utilized KM's C6501, and currently, we operate Xerox's Iridesse and V80. Unlike the C14000 I mentioned earlier, these machines never took as long to shut down.

Last week, our engineer discovered that the exhaust pipe, installed to draw hot air from the C14000, had a weak air volume. This installation was their suggestion. The engineer proposed removing the pipe and exhaust fan located at the back of the machine to enhance cooling efficiency. We're currently testing this solution to determine if it will reduce the shutdown time.

Previously, we utilized KM's C6501, and currently, we operate Xerox's Iridesse and V80. Unlike the C14000 I mentioned earlier, these machines never took as long to shut down.

Last week, our engineer discovered that the exhaust pipe, installed to draw hot air from the C14000, had a weak air volume. This installation was their suggestion. The engineer proposed removing the pipe and exhaust fan located at the back of the machine to enhance cooling efficiency. We're currently testing this solution to determine if it will reduce the shutdown time.
Does it fix it?

Does it fix it?
Thank you for your concern and sorry for the late reply! The issue has been resolved. However, our C14000 has accumulated quite a few problems over the past few mbelow) ... shown in the image below)... We are still discussing with engineers how to address these issues. Perhaps I should start a new topic regarding these problems...

康鈦機器問題彙整.jpg

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back