Digital finishing equipment

chadfield

We have entered into the digital printing world with the acquisition of the KM C8000. We have been looking at various finishing equipment and have narrowed it down to the MBM 352S folder and the Count Accucreaser. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these pieces of equipment. Thanks for any and all comments.

The MBM 352S is a decent entry-level folder. It doesn't have a counter though, so you either need to be very careful or install a third-party counter.
The accucreaser does a fine job, but it is LOUD.
We have 2 C7000s, and use the Morgana Digifold. Fully Programmable, score and fold in a single pass, we absolutely love it. Perfect for our small all-digital shop.

Thanks for the information. I've looked at the Digifold but the price was a little more than we wanted to spend, we are in the start-up phase. I am getting a quote on the Morgana DigiCrease. I think it could support the type of production and throughput we are anticipating.

We're about to do the same. Speaking to a finishing friend of mine he suggested building up an inventory by buying second-hand on Ebay. This allows you to build it up at much lower cost, and once you find what areas you're working in you can go out and buy new.

Incidentally, why did you go for the KM C8000 and what else were you looking at?

We have entered into the digital printing world with the acquisition of the KM C8000. We have been looking at various finishing equipment and have narrowed it down to the MBM 352S folder and the Count Accucreaser. Does anyone have any experience with either one of these pieces of equipment. Thanks for any and all comments.

We run a xerox 700 + offset and use a Count EZ Creaser. New it was about $7K but there are several used versions available. This machine can be used for creasing, scoring and perforating. The machine works great and is very fast and easy to setup. Count makes several variations of finishing equipment but not all work well with digital. Hopes this helps but let me know if you need additional info.

We also looked at Ebay but because we are not familiar with this type of equipment (we are mainly cold-web) we didn't want to bring in a potential problem piece of equipment. We have found a used booklet maker that's been gone through and that's probably as much used as we'll bring in.

We've been looking at Digital for many years and looked at several pieces of equipment. We went with the C8000 for many reasons. Quality of product matched or was better than even the "big iron" machines. Service programs KMBS has developed seemed focused on keeping this machine up and running in a proactive way. Pricing of course was important because we are at the start-up phase of this type of business we had to be very conscious of our initial investment. We looked at most of the competitors and just thought the C8000 output a better looking product, especially in the hard to print solids and gradients. Working with KMBS has been a great experience from the Sales Rep to the Service techs. We need to put the machine to work but so far it's preforming as expected.

Understood on the KM device, we chose the xerox for service reasons as well. I hope you did not think I was questioning your machine choice as that was not my intent. I only mentioned our xerox to let you know the equipment being used with the count machine. If you are on Ebay a reseller we have used it Midwest Printing Equipment, Andrew is the guy's name, he has a ton of used bindery equipment and knows his stuff.

Where are you located? I have a used Graphic Whizard air feed touch screen creaser coming in on trade that would work well for your needs.

James
Bindery Solutions
817-489-2731

I have to agree with the on the Morgana it's a great device and it does a great job of creasing and folding digital jobs with minimal cracking.
It's a pretty trouble free device but make sure you have someone that can service it.

I would personally stay away from Count, PM me if you want details. Anyway the best way to decide is to try out the equipment with real jobs and see how it performs.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back