Digital Offset Machine vs. Conventional Offset Machine

saipansmall

Hi Guys, New member here. Thought this was the appropriate place to post this, apologies in advance if it was not.

I've read numerous posts about buying offset printing presses on the forums, but the offset machine being discussed is either a conventional offset machine or a digital printer. I want to know the difference between a conventional offset printer vs. a digital offset printer.

I want to know the difference between something like the Presstek 52DI or Presstek 75DI and a ABDick 9980 or ABDick 9995C Two-Tower Offset Press. Also does two tower press mean two color offset machine?

I would also like to know where I can ,not fully master, but understand the basics of offset printing. I am inexperienced when it comes to operating an offset printer however my mom owns an existing printing company and has numerous machines, albeit old in style/method/and prepress we wtill make plates in a dark room. Reason for me asking is that we are looking to expand and I am researching into which offsetprinter to buy.

Also, if you guys would be so kind as to mention any new machines or methods in offset printing i'd greatly appreciate that!

P.s. I live on a small island called Saipan, it is a U.S. territory and was an island once under Japanese rule during wwii. Please come and visit us! We have around four or more golfcourses and temperatures average 37 degrees celcius all year-round. Our oceans are clean and air fresh!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back