Digital Print Wages

GLP

I have resently been put in charge of of our digital dept. We have an iGEN4; 2-6180's & a 6060. I just completed my first series of reviews and no increases were given because of the volume of sales not because of the associates performance's. All associates understood this but 1. This associate got upset because they "know" we are underpaying them because we're using the economy as an excuse to do so. These people are making between $17 & $20 per hour and have what I consider better than average benefits. We are located in the Mid-West. I'm curious as to what other companies are paying their operator's.

As a print recruiter, I cannot disclose what my clients pay their sales associates but I can say that it is rare to pay based on straight salary as opposed to a salary + commission total compensation package. The midwest would pay lower wages than, say, areas such as NY or CA but all that depends on what part of the midwest you are located in. How has employee retention been? Do your employees typically try to stick around for a while or do you find them interviewing at other companies often? That may provide some insight as to where you stand in terms of comparing the wages with the companies you are competing with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back