Digital printing... plastic bags...

mazengh

are there any digital presses that can print on plastic rolls to create plastic bags? short runs off course. if so what are the companies that make them...

thanks in advance.

Check with Gerber or Roland. I was at a small trade show last year and saw the newest Gerber and Roland UV printer. It used LED for curing the inks which made it run very cool. They were printing on plastic and foil rolls. The end result was prototypes of potato chip bags.

I think this is one of the printers used

VersaUV LEF-12 12" Benchtop UV Flatbed Printer

Hi!

Have you tried considering flexographic printers? These printers use a wide variety of inks, including water based inks which are ideal for printing on plastics and other packaging materials. The usual products of flexographic printers are shopping bags, flexible plastics and disposable cups.

We have been having some success on our digital press. all uv inks. We can print up to 16.5 inch webs.

Let me know if interested.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back