Disappointment with Xerox Igen5

rickix84

I recently purchased a Igen5 classic (refurbished), and we are truly disappointed. I should mention that we also had two Igen4 machines, but the 5 is definitely worse. Unlike the 4, we can no longer hot stamp due to the fuser oil, and even double-sided tape doesn't stick! The image quality is rather poor, and finally, the white... No one informed us that to use white, we need to change the fuser unit and oil each time, otherwise the toner doesn't stick. And obviously, you can't use the second fuser for normal CMYK printing. In short, practically unusable. We are really disappointed and will try in every way to change the machine.

Soooo.......let me get this straight:

You bought a machine that uses fuser oil 10-year-old technology, and, it won't do what you need it to do (what current machines will easily do).

I get it. I'm still miffed that my 2014 Ford Fusion has no lane-assist, cameras, blue-tooth, or self-driving capability.

Soooo.......let me get this straight:

You bought a machine that uses fuser oil 10-year-old technology, and, it won't do what you need it to do (what current machines will easily do).

I get it. I'm still miffed that my 2014 Ford Fusion has no lane-assist, cameras, blue-tooth, or self-driving capability.
That is NOT what he's saying. Igen 5 will beat any machine out there still.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back