DJet Proofer from CMYK Distributors?

gailbird65

Anybody with info on the DJet Proofer from CMYK Distributors? Looking for a 2-sided impo proof solution. Also looking at the ImpoProof. Suggestions? Reviews?

Thanks!

We recently (10/13) retired one of the original Agfa Sherpamatic devices and replaced it with a DJet (with 2 Epson Surecolor T7000's). This device is VERY fast and as accurate as any of them out there. Easy to pick up the loading once you have done it a couple of times. (I also have a SpinJet4000.)

Thanks! What kind of prepress system / RIP are you using? We have Heidelberg Prinect...wondering if this will integrate with our workflow?

I know this is biased, but the best machine on the market is the Canon based ImpoProof. We have a T series ImpoProof as well, but I am highly concerned about the quality of that particular series of printers. The heads clog a lot, you have to power clean them way too much, and that wastes a lot of ink. They are very light and plastic. ImpoProof connects to Prinect, no issues. We have ~500 installations in N America, and many in the Carolinas. Another positive about the Canon machines is that they are the only devices that are upgradeable. All the devices sold since late 2006 can be upgraded for ~1/3 the cost of a new device. Most of the major players are using ImpoProof. Our support is second to none. And if you are comcerned about the footprint, looks are deceiving. The metal on the floor is smaller, but the free space area you need is only 1' bigger as you need to get to the front and back side of the Epson machines (Either one) and you can push the Canon machine against the wall. I would be happy to provide references at any time. You can call the 800 number on ImpoProof, hit the prompt for sales and you will get us.

Hi Gailbird,
With all due respect to what jfmeggitt has to offer above, the DJET is a great device. It utilizes the latest print head technology from Epson and is faster, more accurate, can render small details much better than the Canon Impoproof. DJET technology uses a two camera registration system as opposed to the single camera that comes on the Impoproof, once again better technology, better registration. The cost to run both either device (your ownership cost) should be a major concern to anyone considering such a purchase as well as the customer support. With the Impoproof, you are paying for only 4 ink cartridges as well as your paper. Interestingly, the remarks made about the printers being used in the DJET system should be taken with a grain of salt as Impoproof has a the T-5000 system as an alternative offering in their newest line of Impoproof Systems see impoproof. We are DJET resellers and I would be delighted to discuss a DJET system with you for comparative consideration. Oh, lastly, the DJET is faster than the Impoproof as well.

Two cameras are not more advanced or better than one BTW. Two cameras are actually old tech. ImpoProof had two cameras back in 1999 and 2000. The DJet uses two camera only because one of them is needed to keep track of how much paper is in between the proofers. And don't get me started on the extremely high cost to replace just the light bank on one camera. I sold one of these devices (I used to be the master distributor for them as well) and the cost of one LED light bank that went bad was more than the entire camera system for an ImpoProof. The cameras are also very fickle. You have to adjust focus and f-stop. The software is clunky as well. If you have something go bad in the middle of a run, you have to rip out the paper and start over. If you need to make registration adjustments, everything that has been processed and in queue is stuck with the old values, you have to resend what you want corrected. And contrary to what is said above, they are not faster. Ask what throughput you get at 1440 dpi? That would be the fair comparison to an ImpoProof at 1200 dpi.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back