Ricoh Pro C7500 vs C7200X

Mukul

Coming from entry level Canon ImagePress we had some real bad experience now looking for a real horse to have a long ride along, had a demo for Fuji Revoria the new iridesse but was expense to operate in SASMA. Ricoh came out to be a perfect machine to work along with offset. Had few thousand prints on it, colors came all consist. Now had 2 offers from Authorized Distributors of Ricoh for Pro C7200X & Pro C7500 both with 5 Color Upgrade Kit, 7500 came out to be 25% higher in value but was offered same FASMA for both the models now that we’re looking for upgrade we need some good suggestions for the upgrade.

From what I've heard from my Ricoh techs, the upgrade from 7200 to 7500 mostly covers internal changes for easier maintenance as well as better color management/consistency. There is one nice change that I noticed on the specs, was the 7500 now can run up to 470 gsm thickness of paper, up from 350 gsm on the 7200. If you don't use the 5th color that much, then the c9500 might be a better option for speed/click cost. If you do need the 5th color and don't run a lot of thicker paper then the 7200 might be the cheaper option. Hope that helps.

Is the only difference the equipment cost? Or is service cheaper on one or the other?

I’ll tell you - when we bought our 7210x in 2021 the “age” of the machine was one argument against it that KM (our former provider) had, and of course only now are we seeing an update. KM had a new something they wanted to sell us, and I don’t remember the model but after reports on that and general happy with the Ricoh experience, I feel like we made the right choice. However as someone that has been using printers for a long time, I know that having a mature machine is not often a disadvantage, and these updates are usually incremental at best.

I think our 7210x is great and I don’t have any concerns about it not being the latest machine. If any additional features of the 7500 are not a deal maker for you, then nothing wrong with the older machine. See if you can’t work those costs down further. If you plan to lease the machine, I think saving money and going with the older machine makes sense. If you plan to buy the machine and own it for more than 5 years, maybe going with the 7500 makes more sense.

Think very hard about if you NEED 5th color, most get it and never have the customer base willing to pay for it. The 7200 is a work horse, the 7500 also adds the ability to print better on textured paper due to the new transfer belt. My tech is not to crazy about the new GUI for the 7500, he says otherwise it is a solid machine. I am in no hurry to upgrade from my 7200e.

Think very hard about if you NEED 5th color, most get it and never have the customer base willing to pay for it. The 7200 is a work horse, the 7500 also adds the ability to print better on textured paper due to the new transfer belt. My tech is not to crazy about the new GUI for the 7500, he says otherwise it is a solid machine. I am in no hurry to upgrade from my 7200e.
I basically told my sales rep as such…I said we’d try it but not really sold on being able to charge our customers for it. He ended up giving us the stuff for gold, silver, white, and clear. I have had a handful of jobs for clear, but it’s always when the customer asks “what can we do for embellishment” that we are able to introduce this feature to them.

5th Color is the only reason we're opting for Ricoh with the use of Neon Pink & Yellow giving clients Pantone rich prints for brand value & style while using white, clear & silver for creative applications to embrace over of the embellishments.
As of the new Ricoh Pro C7500 engineers says that there is a drastic change in speed, 5th station change period & color production, more yield in comparison with 7200X due to fine toner which would eventually going to make it go side by side in competition with Fujifilm Revoria PC1120.
New Fiery offers smart color features which helps add Neon Colors with Process to enhance gamut in a click.

I truly believe MyWildIrishProse Ice Cream Scoop approach might help attract more work for special colors.​

We've got a offer of $80K for buyout w/ FASMA @0.03$ A3 Color & Special Color cost varies as follows White(360$) Neons & Clear(220$) Metallics(960$)
What's the Buyout offer FASMA & Special Color Rates out there in US & EU.

5th Color is the only reason we're opting for Ricoh with the use of Neon Pink & Yellow giving clients Pantone rich prints for brand value & style while using white, clear & silver for creative applications to embrace over of the embellishments.
As of the new Ricoh Pro C7500 engineers says that there is a drastic change in speed, 5th station change period & color production, more yield in comparison with 7200X due to fine toner which would eventually going to make it go side by side in competition with Fujifilm Revoria PC1120.
New Fiery offers smart color features which helps add Neon Colors with Process to enhance gamut in a click.

I truly believe MyWildIrishProse Ice Cream Scoop approach might help attract more work for special colors.​

We've got a offer of $80K for buyout w/ FASMA @0.03$ A3 Color & Special Color cost varies as follows White(360$) Neons & Clear(220$) Metallics(960$)
What's the Buyout offer FASMA & Special Color Rates out there in US & EU.
what does FASMA mean?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back