Do you offer direct mail?

zetaprints

Registered Users
Can anyone point me at a good website for ordering direct mail online?

Ideally something like a one stop shop where I could upload my design, choose quantities, distribution area, dates, etc.

What I see is either postal authorities sites with some monstrous ordering process or alternative distributors with "contact us for a quote" type sites.

My impression is that small business is shut out from unaddressed mail because it's too much hassle for them the way it works at the moment and no one wants to muck around with a 500 piece order anyway.

Please, tell me I'm wrong :)

I don't think small businesses are shut out from direct mail by the lack of suppliers. We do mailings as small as 500 for small businesses customers all day long.

As far as there being an "easy wizard upload your job, and go straight to direct mail with no human interaction" provider, they may exist, but I'm not sure they are a great idea. Off the top of my head, I think overnightprints.com has some kind of direct mailing service for postcards.

The problem is that postal regulations are incredibly complex. Pieces must be designed to exacting standards, lists NCOA'd etc. I think that's why this market is still best served by a printer with a knowledgeable mailing expert to help guide small business owners through the process. We often suggest small design changes that save our clients big dollars in postage. Not sure it could be easily duplicate in an online environment.

They are correct

They are correct

Prior posting is 100% correct. Our specialty is small orders. Once set up the process is turnkey - send the list, send the artwork, it's in the mail!

Jerry
Glitchbusters
408-879-9626

Actually I believe that most local printers and some mail order printers are out there waiting for small 500 to to 2500 pc orders. I have found some online as you spoke of. Have you ever heard of some of the BIG logo companies, one in particular is the top earner in revenue in one western state and is Vista Business Cards! Hmmmp! Being from a family where print and graphic reproduction art can be followed 5 generations, I jumped right out there when desktop publishing came to pass! Do you use only vector files?

I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that Western States and VistaPrint do direct mail. Direct mail being postcards, self-mailers, or letters that go out to a large mailing list. I believe that's what the OP was talking about.

Yes, on reflection...

Yes, on reflection...

You may be right, but they are participating like mad in direct mail of business and organizational ordering of logo shirts, pens, gift wrap, even birth control, as was evidenced by the recent Royalty Wedding. I like to hire local and buy local when I can, but I know what you mean about direct mail, in the other fashion as well. I know that Direct Mail delivers locally!

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back