Do you Wash Up your UV Coater?

pdan

Not the kind of thing I expect people want to admit to...self included, but

We purchased a TEC Lighting stand alone, hand fed coater and use it on demand; frequently 20-50 pieces, occasionally several hundred. Perhaps three jobs one day, three days shut down. I'll admit to being remis about cleaning it up after use.

Does anyone have insight as to the cons of such practice...is it common to simply cool down and power down?
(The coating, per the installer, never cures if not exposed to a UV source)

We have a TEC also and while we don't wash it after every job we do clean it up at the end of the day . . . . but then we're kinda anal about keeping our equipment clean:)

It is of the utmost importance to thoroughly clean your UV coating machine! If not cleaned properly the fluid will find a way into the gears and the impression roller housing. I service quite a few of these machines and when that fluid drys it turns into a type of apoxy glue and you wont be able to replace the roller at all. My suggestion is getting some of the Tec 501 UV wash and take 5 minutes to was at the end of the day!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back