Docucolor 252 color issues

dynamicprinter

Hello everyone
I'm new here, just registered.
I'm currently leasing a DC252 w/standard rip and colorwise pro tools.
I calibrate at least once a week.
Machine is great except for printing light shaded colors (copying seems okay).
Colors are not accurate.
Print using Quark or Adobe CS2 programs same problem no matter what program.

Anyone have any suggestions.

Are you calibrating off of the glass? We found that adding the x-rite strip reading spectrophotometer increased our colour accuracy a lot, especially in light tints.

Even with that, our newer machine does a better job of (for example) shadows on photographs.

Questions/suggestions for the OP:

Does the device maintain consistant color off the glass? If so it's either in the RIP, workstation or the settings in your software that is responsible for the color shift. Also if you got the file from a customer the settings are likely different. Did you check to see that the file settings are the same as they are in your system? If not please do so.

Try taking a file out of one of the Adobe Suite or Quark programs and make a PDF, then send it to the device and see if the colors shift?

Are you strictly a digital shop or do you have tradional presses as well? WHY? because SOMETIMES you have to change settings.

Color management is tricky and it's very very tough to keep everything set properly so that the cause of the color shift can be identified.

Double check and make certain you're allowing the Fiery to manage Color, NOT the page layout software otherwise you can calibrate it 800 times a day and you'll still print based on the software setting in the application. The whole point of Colorwise is Color Management.

PM me if you need more.

Last edited:

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back