Does Anyone Have the Duplo DBM-150 Face Trimming Unit

Rsias

We have the Duplo DBM-150 Unit and am interested in adding the face trimming unit. Currently we use our guillotine for face trimming, but it requires manually rolling out/flattening thicker or plus cover booklets before face trimming. I'm wondering how well the face trim unit works for thicker booklets - Does it "flatten" the booklets to get an accurate trim?
Thanks in advance!

We have the Duplo DBM-150 Unit and am interested in adding the face trimming unit. Currently we use our guillotine for face trimming, but it requires manually rolling out/flattening thicker or plus cover booklets before face trimming. I'm wondering how well the face trim unit works for thicker booklets - Does it "flatten" the booklets to get an accurate trim?
Thanks in advance!
I ran a DBM attached to a pair of 4000 collators about 10 years ago. The DBM is pretty basic including the trimmer. The blades are also proprietary and were very expensive to replace. We rarely ran anything over 40 pages and it was fine., it doesn't do any kind of crushing .

We have the DBM-150T with a Plockmatic SQ-104 on the end of it.
I'm looking at a 64pp booklet (15 sheets of 80GSM with a 160GSM cover) here, which is perfectly flat and face trimmed perfectly square.

As small as the machine is, I was honestly surprised the face trimmer is an add-on. We got ours with the face trimmer last November and it's done a good job. You occasionally get a crooked trim, but that's my experience with most booklet makers. Sometimes you just get a bad feed here and there.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back