Does anyone ownor use a Shinohara Press ?

printshop

If you are reading this you probably own or use a Shinohara Press and you are just the person i want to talk to.

We are thinking of buying a used 64 VI+O but don't know much about them except that it is in our price range. Since we cannot not afford to make a mistake we are looking for feed back from the people who have used them.

If you would be kind enough to let me know what you think of the press in general. Its shortcomings and when service/parts are needed if you have had issues getting help.

Thank you

Old Technology

Old Technology

Hi there, the company I work for purchased a Shinohara 75 VP and without going into too much detail it's not something our pressmen would recommend. The main comment was that it was like going back in time 20 years as far as the technology went. Feeder, ink settings, blanket set up, not good.

That being said it does run and if this is all you can reasonably afford it isn't a complete lemon. But it took quite awhile for the pressmen (all experienced) to get the machine up and running consistently.

Service is a bit hard to find, we are on the west coast and I believe our service guy has to come from Florida . . .

Our pressmen recommend looking at a used Komori as another option.

Hope that helps.

i was new to them a while back, was totally heidelbergised from birth. Didnt like them to begin with but they do have good features. They are fast, cheap to buy, and you can make alot of money with one of these. And compared to the service agreements of some other companies, you get to keep alot of what you make in your pocket.
They are a simple machine is the key thing. Basic settings, basic interfaces, all geared towards minimal changes every new job. The cip profiles work very well too imho.
Downsides as alot of people know are - they are built to a price, and as such dont have the 300,000,000,000 longevity of some german heavy metal, but properly maintained, will last a long time.

They seem to have their share of electrical gremlins as well. And they are unforgiving if you neglect their maintenance, but good operators and clued up management keep on top of these issues. And well maintained, they run really well, consistenetly.
As for an investment, entirely depends on your shop. Is it top end, top shelf work? or more commercial, quick turnaround? If ultra high quality is the primary need, then another brand may be worth looking into. If its commercial, fast 4 colour, jobs in jobs gone type scenario, they are good money maker. They can pull a really nice print, indistinguishable from any other press nearly all of the time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back