Does my idea is possible?

bigben

I'm in the large format printing business. I was planing to buy a digital production machine about a year ago (xerox 700), but got a friend who offer me to print my stuff at a price I don't need to buy a machine. In exchange, I give him good price for large format printing.

Now I'm looking for a small printer to print my proofs and occasional print on 10-14pt and 200m gloss paper (I will use those material for my proofing also). I will only print around 500 pages per month. I would like to be able to print on 12x18 or 13x19.

Is there something out there that could work for me?

If my demand is not clear or I did not put enough information, let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

The 14pt will be a problem, but a Canon Imagepress C1+II Would work for your short run, high quality need.

The paper registration isn't stellar, but the image quality (especially with your short run needs) is really great.

The other major problem is that the machine is SLOW. 13x19, heavy stock might run at 3-5 sheets per minute.

The Xanté Ilumina

The Xanté Ilumina

Hi Ben -- the Xanté Ilumina series will give you excellent output in a small footprint, affordable machine. It wins a lot of awards and has become a staple for small to medium shops -- especially those looking for one-off work like you are looking for.

Here are some specs from the site:

ILUMINA 650 GS Digital Color Systems are a complete print solutions that allow you to produce high volume full color sheets, cards, envelopes, brochures, banners and more. They can print on wide variety of media from text weights to extremely heavy card stocks (up to 32pt), textured stocks, metallics, and label stocks. ILUMINA 650 GS Systems are available in two production models and are driven by the automated iQueue Color Smart Workflow.

High Definition Digital Color Technology
Includes iQueue Color Smart Workflow
Heavy card stocks up to 32 pt (650 gsm)
Prints on a wide variety of media
Oversized sheets to 13″ x 47″ long
Variable data at full speed
Two production models

Ilumina 650 GS Series

Regards,
Helene Smith

I'm in the large format printing business. I was planing to buy a digital production machine about a year ago (xerox 700), but got a friend who offer me to print my stuff at a price I don't need to buy a machine. In exchange, I give him good price for large format printing.

Now I'm looking for a small printer to print my proofs and occasional print on 10-14pt and 200m gloss paper (I will use those material for my proofing also). I will only print around 500 pages per month. I would like to be able to print on 12x18 or 13x19.

Is there something out there that could work for me?

If my demand is not clear or I did not put enough information, let me know.

Thanks for your help.

Ben

Hi Ben -- the Xanté Ilumina series will give you excellent output in a small footprint, affordable machine. It wins a lot of awards and has become a staple for small to medium shops -- especially those looking for one-off work like you are looking for.

Here are some specs from the site:

ILUMINA 650 GS Digital Color Systems are a complete print solutions that allow you to produce high volume full color sheets, cards, envelopes, brochures, banners and more. They can print on wide variety of media from text weights to extremely heavy card stocks (up to 32pt), textured stocks, metallics, and label stocks. ILUMINA 650 GS Systems are available in two production models and are driven by the automated iQueue Color Smart Workflow.

High Definition Digital Color Technology
Includes iQueue Color Smart Workflow
Heavy card stocks up to 32 pt (650 gsm)
Prints on a wide variety of media
Oversized sheets to 13″ x 47″ long
Variable data at full speed
Two production models

Ilumina 650 GS Series

Regards,
Helene Smith

This is interesting. I'll check this out.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back