Dolev 800 Maintanence

dtermeer

Does anyone know of any regular maintenance that is necessary for a Dolev 800. We have had very few service calls so a repairman is not attending the machine frequently. I want to make sure I am keeping up on regular care for the equipment. I know the worm screw needs lubricant on occasion. Is there a published maintenance procedure published anywhere for the Dolevs?

Officially, a trained technician should perform maintenance on Dolev.

Other than that, you can clean optics with lint-free cotton swab and very clean alcohol from time to time, grease the spindle (selected greases or very pure silicone oil only due to low tolerances of spindle mechanism) and carriage (that big metal thing that is under spindle and carries whole spinner assembly). Take all cassettes out, pull the cassettes assembly and wipe dust from all that you can reach with very clean alcohol. Sometimes blow the dust out of CPU unit and cards. Clean all the vacuum holes on drum with needle. Clean all the sensors like the carriage home position with lint-free cotton swab and very clean alcohol from time to time, check/level the tension of the film on tensioners (if you have problem with not loading the film from time to time, tensioners can be your problem), check the conveyor belts (if the film does not come out machine but comes out of drum, conveyor belts can be too lose), etc.

Sometimes it is cheaper to call in the tech to do his magic (like twice a year) and make him responsible for the perfect cleaning and reliability of the machine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back