Dolev 800 V2 Error (Spinner: Rotation Set Error)

jasonduo

So I have a Dolev 800 V2 that recently reports error mentioned in the title. So far in the manual it says the following possible causes:
• Fuse on spinner driver
• Brushless spinner driver
• Dynamic cable connectors
• Spinner motor

Our technician has accidentally swapped place between the brushless spinner driver board and power converter board, resulting in the short circuit of the brushless. Fortunately, we have spare parts to replace the brushless as well as the spinner motor just in case so both of these parts are no longer the cause to the problem, but since the error persists, we suspect that the problem could be either the fuse or the connectors (or both).

The issue is that we have little idea where this "spinner driver board" is located, according to the solutions of the manual. If anyone have any idea of the location, please let me know so I can refer back to the technician for fixing. We would be really grateful if you have the diagnostics program for Dolev as well.

Reactions: leo
Here are the requested files.
Beware - spinner replacement needs experience and special jigs, do not release its' screws or you ruin the calibration!
If you need to re-calibrate the spinner position you may be in real trouble!
You can verify if it's the spinners' fault without moving it, just release the spinner cables and attach them to a (hand held) spare spinner.
Good Luck.

Attachments

• Standard Controller Layout.pdf
    40.7 KB · Views: 193
  • Dolev800V2Diag2.79D.zip
    944 KB · Views: 165
BTW,
In the past we had to replace our Dynamic Optic Cable every few years.
This cable gets flexed back and forth so many times it may start creating problems.
YMMV

Where do you locate, have you fixed this problem?
Give me your contact.
So I have a Dolev 800 V2 that recently reports error mentioned in the title. So far in the manual it says the following possible causes:
• Fuse on spinner driver
• Spinner motor

Our technician has accidentally swapped place between the brushless spinner driver board and power converter board, resulting in the short circuit of the brushless. Fortunately, we have spare parts to replace the brushless as well as the spinner motor just in case so both of these parts are no longer the cause to the problem, but since the error persists, we suspect that the problem could be either the fuse or the connectors (or both).

The issue is that we have little idea where this "spinner driver board" is located, according to the solutions of the manual. If anyone have any idea of the location, please let me know so I can refer back to the technician for fixing. We would be really grateful if you have the diagnostics program for Dolev as well.

• Fuse on spinner driver
• Spinner motor

Hello jasonduo,
if you did change the spinner motor, did you adjust the geometry in your Dolev800V2?
Everything is O.K with bow and linearity?
We have nice experience and the necessary equipment (JIGs) to adjust the geometry in this case.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back