Dot gain

Mr gordo,

i was wondering what should be the dot percentage on plate for calibration for fm screen 20 micron, i have already done plate calibration for 210 xm dot for coated as well for uncoated and my 50% dot on machine is coming 65 % or 64 , depending on the stock which i print. well i tried for fm calibration for plate where i have done 50 % to 38. please advice, i would request you to show me the dot percentage from 1 to 99 thanks

regards
arshad.

Mr gordo,

i was wondering what should be the dot percentage on plate for calibration for fm screen 20 micron, i have already done plate calibration for 210 xm dot for coated as well for uncoated and my 50% dot on machine is coming 65 % or 64 , depending on the stock which i print. well i tried for fm calibration for plate where i have done 50 % to 38. please advice, i would request you to show me the dot percentage from 1 to 99 thanks

regards
arshad.

Well, from a dot gain point of view, there's no difference at 50% between a 210 xm dot and a 210 am dot.

Whether it's a 210 xm/am dot or 20 micron FM - the tone value on the plate will be whatever that screen, ink, paper, etc. requires in order to achieve the required tone reproduction you want on press. In your situation it might be 38% on plate for a 50% file request - but it may be different for another situation.

best, gordo

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back