Doubleproof and HP 5000

the prepress department at our company was all hired into a 'working system' with a hp 5000 and doubleproof - we never checked or changed the settings and were just pretty happy that it just worked very well. now, the drive the doubleproof manager software was on crashed, and we are having to reinstall the software. we cannot seem to get proofs to back up correctly and cannot figure out what the settings are supposed to be. any help would be greatly appreciated.
Vincent
[email protected]
864-232-4604

Rampage, but we did not purchase the RPD option, so basically, Rampage just creates a tiff file and drops it in a hot folder for Doubleproof Manager RIP.

FYI - nothing on the Rampage side has changed, so there must be some setting that i just have not figured out in Doubleproof Manager.

thanks

We too have Rampage but with the RPD option. Which way is the back-up off? Is it skewed, off vertically, horizontally or turned wrong?

only on small(er) images, like trying to backup a single page instead of an imposition - it leaves about 6 inches before it starts printing, but then trims immediately after the imaged area and then errors with a message of 'sheet too small'

And you were able to do this before? We are somewhat limited on our smaller sizes even with the RPD option. I had to turn our 2-up imposition to print portrait, which wastes paper, in order to get it to print two sides. You checked the "Printing Preferences" or "Properties" settings of DoubleProof Manager?

yes, before it worked fine - we could back up a #10 envelope file (9.5x4.125) width-wise. I have been through and checked/tried so many different settings i feel like i am just chasing my tail - when the answer is probably right in front of me.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back