Duplexing registration tolerances_km c6000

TRYYZ

Does anyone know what the registration tolerances are back to front on a C6000 running a 12 x 18 sht, it is a quality 80lb C2S stock. The overall image is skewed and when it flips, it is out double, makes it about .125 out at both ends. Or is there an adjustment to reduce the skew. The tech keeps telling me Im in spec but thats ridiculous, no one would by our print.

go in and adjust the "registration loop" for the tray, taking into account settings for the front and back. This would be in the same area as where you setup the registration for the tray. I believe lower numbers cause the registration rollers to stop for consecutively longer periods of time allowing the rollers further back to drive the sheet up against the registration rollers and square the sheet up prior to imaging. That being said I've tried everything on our C6000 and it's still not great but with some tweaking like this it gives front to back about 1.5 mm.

We sell KM--I'm the systems, trainer and tech support guy--and as a dealer I always tell our customers that I never believe anything KM tells me unless I can prove it to myself. They say 1mm tolerance but on the 6000 (or 7000) with large, heavy coated stock and duplex that is rare to achieve that consistently because you're pushing the machine to its limits unless the machine is in top notch shape all the time, which do course it never is. Jotterpinky is correct and the reg loop is more of an advanced user adjustment. Have your tech train you on all the advanced user settings having to do with skew, etc. Also...are you using the zoom and image shift adjustments (called "Both Sides Adjust") on the trays? These are not so advanced and I generally try and train deep on the those because they are easy to deal with and quick to change. I've seen the zoom settings make a world of difference when you're trying to get it tight.

Listen to Dwight there... He's got it right. I use the "both sides adjust" any time I find my duplexing not working to my satisfaction and it always takes care of the problem.

Good Luck!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back