Duplicated book without moire and created CTP plate curves

sornchai

Hi. I'm from Bangkok Thailand. I got the screen pictures black & white book. I scanned by flated bed . Customer requested new job without moire and no dot gains.every sense looks seem original. How I can solved moire and created CTP plate curves? Thank you for idea

Hi. I'm from Bangkok Thailand. I got the screen pictures black & white book. I scanned by flated bed . Customer requested new job without moire and no dot gains.every sense looks seem original. How I can solved moire and created CTP plate curves? Thank you for idea

There are tutorials on YouTube on how to remove the halftone dots in a scanned image. Of course you should only be scanning such images if you have the legal right to do so since the original is probably copyrighted.
Dot gain is normal. If you remove it using curves the result will likely appear low in contrast and washed out. Perhaps your customer doesn’t understand what they are asking for - or why. You should find out what their reason is.
This post explains how dot gain curves are created: The principle of dot gain compensation plate curves

Yes.
I have printed intentional moire on a 2-color letterhead that the salesman originally sold as a 'special effect' back when we laid screens behind film masks. I found this out AFTER I corrected the film to be plated, only to be told to 'put it back the way it was.'
Sample had moire. Final product had moire.
Sigh.

An Introduction to Screening Technology said:
Moiré
If two screens with slightly different screen frequencies are superposed, disturbances occur in the pattern.
These superposing effects are called moiré. This also occurs when the two screens are rotated by slightly different angles.
Here is a good (IMHO — «must understand») giude for AM, FM and Hybrid screening.

Attachments

• expert_guide_screening_tech.pdf
    4.4 MB · Views: 423
There are tutorials on YouTube on how to remove the halftone dots in a scanned image. Of course you should only be scanning such images if you have the legal right to do so since the original is probably copyrighted.
Dot gain is normal. If you remove it using curves the result will likely appear low in contrast and washed out. Perhaps your customer doesn’t understand what they are asking for - or why. You should find out what their reason is.
This post explains how dot gain curves are created: The principle of dot gain compensation plate curves
Got it. I read your blog for long time. When will you start new Blog?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back