Duplicating multipage PDF to 2-up on one sheet?

oldskoolnam

I found a similiar thread to the problem I am having and they didn't seem to have a solution either, well they did but its no different from copying and pasting like I am doing now.

"2 up on a page" thread from InDesign Talk

Basically instead of taking this document and placing it in INdesign using the placemultiplepage script. I was hoping there was a quicker way to duplicate each page 2 up on a tabloid sheet. So page 1 is set up twice on sheet 1 and the page 2 is setup twice on the second sheet and so on...

This is a 600-700 page document so any help would be appreciated :)

Ill just be here duplicating it manually in the meantime

-Nam

If you do this regular you should invest in proper imposition software methinks :p

Are you a printer or a designer? If your a designer, why don't you let your printer do the hard work. They will have software =) If your a printer, then why don't you have impostition software?

Whats the original file anyhow?

edit:

The placemultiplepagepdf.vbs script included in CS3 kind of works, but it
opens a completely new document and doesn't give me any placement options.
Ditto for the jsx version.

If you can amend this script (open it in a text editor), will that work?

Last edited:
Hi Sherbert

Have you tried one of the PDF placing scripts at the Adobe Studio Exchange? You'd have to run it twice and adjust your offsets, but I think that the PDF Placer script would let you do what you're looking for. It's not a replacement for a good imposition program, but if you just need it to dupe each page 2-up it should work.

<http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&extid=1379019#>

Shawn

Last edited:
If you do this regular you should invest in proper imposition software methinks :p

Are you a printer or a designer? If your a designer, why don't you let your printer do the hard work. They will have software =) If your a printer, then why don't you have impostition software?

Whats the original file anyhow?

edit:

If you can amend this script (open it in a text editor), will that work?

Well I am a designer that is actually working at a Minuteman Press now, I have very little experience in Printing =/
but ill look into the imposition software.

and thanks ill try the studio exchange software Shawn

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back