DUPLO 145A UV coater

I purchased a DUPLO 145A UV coater with IR dryer. I have a Konica 6500. The IR dryer is an expensive add on. I was informed the purpose of the IR dryer is to heat up the coating material to meld it with the toner from the Konica. Konica & Cannon use wax based toners and without the heat the UV coating will lay on top of the toner & crack.
I am looking for anyone else with one of these units. The manufacturer doesn't seem to know much about the IR unit. The local maintenance company doesn't know much about the machine. It has been a lemon since I've gotten it.

Dave Svenson
Direct Mail Computer Services, Inc.
Long Island, NY
(631) 615-6600 x300

Hi Dave - sorry, I can't help directly as I don't have one, but I am going to test one at Duplo shortly as we're in the market for a UV coater. Can you tell me what kinds of problems you've had? For some reason, Duplo only sell the 205 Ultra in the UK, not the 145 - I wonder why that is?

UV Coating on KM 6500

UV Coating on KM 6500

Good Morning

The IR dryer on your machine is for flow out time primarily

However, With the right temp of IR and Lower speeds you can UV coat satisfactory over the wax that it uses without any scratch off or blotches on coating.

I have been selling coating equipment since 1995. Started with Aqueous and also have UV machines that are running great.

Hello;

I am a printer in Southern CA. I have the Duplo Ultra with IR. I have 2 customers with different Konica output. My first customer I was able to run at 120C and looks great. No scraping. My second customer I needed to go up to 175C same speed and settings. Anything lower than 175 would scrape off. My guess it is inconsistent from printer to printer.

Hope this help

PrintLink

Also Dave,

I want to add that Konica is one of the harder printer to UV coat. Your temp of you IR can depend on the speed you are running at. As far as quality inconsistency, might be the different paper you use. The best paper paper I found the UV coat the best is Kromekote paper CS1 or 2. Also keep you coating at a temperature between 70-90 F.

PrintLink

Another uv coating machine

Another uv coating machine

:)
hello everyone, there is a new model uv coating machine, use in photo process and printing industry. simple machine, easy to use and lower price.

Hi guys From a film laminating prospective it is essential to melt the toner before the interface with a laminate or coating. Original posting question suggested the Ir was to heat the coating fluid , not the print toner surface, which is back to front. The only machine I know in UV coating terms that can cope with all toner engines is the Kompac . They specifically target problem surfaces with a team of chemists who have come up with many of the answers. We are laminators and have the benefit of a huge industry bent towards overcoming these problems with specific films and machines. The "coating" brigade are late comers to these problems.

Canon 6000VP + UV Coating

Canon 6000VP + UV Coating

We are busy testing 3 coating machines for a particular contract we have using our Canon 6000VP - so far most of the results have been disappointing. The best results were from Morgana who have since pulled out because of ''issues'' with the IR. Next favoured is the Duplo 205A which we are doing further tests to get a higher gloss finish.

New Tec Lighting UV/Aqueous Coater

New Tec Lighting UV/Aqueous Coater

The New Tec Lighting UV/Aqueous Coater should be looked at carefully,:) for they are the leader in the industry and they have overcome the problems with the Cannon as well as the Konica.

Send me a email if you are interested. I will put you in touch with a knowledgeable
representative.

[email protected]

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back