Duplo 615 perforating?

AP90

Hey guys, does the 615 perforate? I know the 616 has a unit to do so, and that the 615 is the older version of it. I called Duplo sales and he said that the 615 would perforate but he didn't instill much confidence in his answer to me. Im sure many on here are using or have used the 615 so just wanting some real world feedback. Thanks!

According to this brochure from the Duplo website, it doesn't. It would be listed under optional accessories like they do for the 616. And in the photos of the exit tray, I don't see where the perf attachment would connect. There's a small panel on the left side of the exit side of the 616 that you remove to reveal a gear that the perf unit engages with externally. See attached photo of where the panel would be. If your 615 has the removable panel, then maybe it could work with the 616 perf unit.

Attachments

• Gear access panel for perf unit.JPG
    Gear access panel for perf unit.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 245
According to this brochure from the Duplo website, it doesn't. It would be listed under optional accessories like they do for the 616. And in the photos of the exit tray, I don't see where the perf attachment would connect. There's a small panel on the left side of the exit side of the 616 that you remove to reveal a gear that the perf unit engages with externally. See attached photo of where the panel would be. If your 615 has the removable panel, then maybe it could work with the 616 perf unit.
Thanks for the info. I don't have one currently, we run a weekly perf job that we purchase pre-perfed paper. We'd like to get an SCC to handle it and then automate book cover scoring. The person selling it also said their in house tech said it can perforate. So I'm guessing it does unless I got 2 different people today lying to me.

I suppose you can ask for a video of it in action. What type of paper are you planning on perfing? SCC's in general don't like to feed lighter weight stocks.

I suppose you can ask for a video of it in action. What type of paper are you planning on perfing? SCC's in general don't like to feed lighter weight stocks.
Was looking to perf 24lb bond. Looks like the 615 is rated for 30lb and up. So guess its a no go. The crease master plus is rated for 14lb and up so I might have to just go with that.

I microperf 70# text on my graphic whizard scc, it feeds it OK on larger sheets. The pain in the butt thing is which way do you want to perf, my crease/perf bar prevents me from running microperfs on 11x17 in the direction I want, I have to cut the sheets down to 8.5 x 11 and that feeds less than stellar.

Yes it does, running a job on the scc right now using the 52 tpi perf wheel I bought after that post last year, feeding sucks on 11x17 70# text (sooo many double feeds) but eventually it gets the job done.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back