Duplo 616 Business Cards Setup

LOTFNY

Good day! I'm quite new to this. I've been using the presets that came with my machine programmed by the previous tech. I haven't been getting much use out of it but a few jobs. I'm having issues setting up business cards on 12 x 18 sheets (amongst other projects). Anyone mind sharing screenshots of the setup screen for 24-up business cards? Thank you kindly in advance.

What issues are you having? I have a duplo 646. My settings will vary because I have custom gutters and such setup in my imposition…but every program I make I need a ruler and the wizard, fine tune as needed.

Setup in general - I don't know what to do when entering the info in the Duplo. I originally set the file up in Fiery Impose.

Good day! I'm quite new to this. I've been using the presets that came with my machine programmed by the previous tech. I haven't been getting much use out of it but a few jobs. I'm having issues setting up business cards on 12 x 18 sheets (amongst other projects). Anyone mind sharing screenshots of the setup screen for 24-up business cards? Thank you kindly in advance.
Can you cut short enough to do 24 up? I always do 25up with our 645. Slit the 2" way and cut the 3.5" way.

Last edited:
Setup in general - I don't know what to do when entering the info in the Duplo. I originally set the file up in Fiery Impose.
Your imposition software doesn’t matter, I have used three different tools to impose in my time here. You basically need to tell the duplo: size of sheet, size of final piece, your lead edge and side edge distance, and your gutter and slit distance. If you use a reg mark you’ll have to set that correctly and tell it where to read it. Cut one, and then adjust plus or minus. There are certain limitations that you might hit, which are explained in the wizard and manual. For 12x18 business cards I only do 21up normally to get around that, 24up is what I do on 13x19.

Thank you all so much for your input. I was able to follow instructions from another thread and it works great! My main issue i think was trying to revise a job instead of using the wizard to guide me. I was missing some of the options in the preset job.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back