Duplo 618 blade replacement

We had our blade assembly fail after 1.6 million cuts. We figured since the moving parts had to be replaced we'd just replace the blade as well. Was surprised to see that they sell the blade 2 different ways. One way is by itself and the other is as an assembly with all the moving parts. I think our total cost with the tech fees was close to $3K when all was said and done.

I will have to say though, now that we have our Polar cutter, we don't use the 618 anymore, it just sits there as a backup. I can cut faster on the Polar and more accuratley. Even when using the registration mark to move the blades for digital prints that tend to jump around. Our folding jobs have been less problematic now that we don't use it. Not getting rid of it though.

We had our blade assembly fail after 1.6 million cuts. We figured since the moving parts had to be replaced we'd just replace the blade as well. Was surprised to see that they sell the blade 2 different ways. One way is by itself and the other is as an assembly with all the moving parts. I think our total cost with the tech fees was close to $3K when all was said and done.

I will have to say though, now that we have our Polar cutter, we don't use the 618 anymore, it just sits there as a backup. I can cut faster on the Polar and more accuratley. Even when using the registration mark to move the blades for digital prints that tend to jump around. Our folding jobs have been less problematic now that we don't use it. Not getting rid of it though.
Interesting. I feel that the 618 did the exact opposite for us. Maybe my little challenge cutter just doesn't cut it. I think if you don't have a good operator on the guillotine it will tend to be off from my experience with my challenge.

What we found was if you replace the cutting unit the motor was worn too. Few months later motor needed replacement so Duplo sells it as a unit now. Yes pricy. Is it worth it to remove everything just to send the blade to the grinder? We tried it on the 645 cutter and it didnt last long. Maybe 250k cuts.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back