Duplo DC10 Picking Up Doubles

jpfulton248

For some reason our Friction Feed Standard Duplo 12/24 Collator and Bookletmaker picks up doubles when we run certain jobs. We are currently running a job that was printed offset on 20# offset with a few solid black rectangles measuring about .5" by 4.75" scattered throughout the pages. Our press-op believes that is the reason for the problem. Does anybody have experience with this? I'm wondering if it could be that the ink is not dry enough and the sheets are sticking to one another. The job was printed yesterday and was stacked in stacks of probably 2500. Maybe the weight overnight and lack of dry time is the cause for the problem? (although overnight dry time is all we give most of our jobs, most of our jobs are smaller and therefore not stacked as high and many don't have the solid rectangles).

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Flipping the stacks around to change the leading edge appears to be a work around.

I am still looking for any advice on this issue though. It seems like "out-of-the-box" this collator must have run more reliably then it does now. What gives??

Last edited:
Is your duplo double sheet detector manual or optical? 20 lb is a tough one to set up for double sheets. The sheet is so thin it is hard for a Duplo to distinguish between a single and a double.

You know how I said he's not the brightest bulb in the bunch? Apparently he hadn't tried flipping the stacks around to change the leading edge... it took someone with no familiarity with the equipment to suggest that before he tried it... It appears to be running normally now.

I am still looking for any advice on this issue though. It seems like "out-of-the-box" this collator must have run more reliably then it does now. What gives??

As a press operator for 25 years AND bindery guy.....ya better hope the answer to your duplo feeding problem is a tricky one - not a 'can't believe i didn't think of that' one. (and doesn't read this forum) ;) Anyhow, I agree with RGPW, 20lb isn't the easiest to set up for doubles detection post production on ANY bindery machine. We purchased a Standard Horizon Vac100 with rotary feed several years ago for this very reason.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back